Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NHL Season Thread Hockey • Page 407

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Espn is waiting

3. We pay for the ESPN-heavy Sling package so I'm kinda bummed to have to rely on reddit/a friends house to watch the playoffs. Especially since my go-to hockey watching friend is an Avs fan and well...first round could get awk haha

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

It’s been 10 months since he was drafted lol

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  5. This Knights-Kings intro is NUTS

jorbjorb likes this.
  6. jorbjorb

7 rings

johnnyferris likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

just a reminder we have a playoff thread if you aren't already in there.

JOIN US

8. Thanks, I forgot!

9. CobraKidJon

the senators have been doing town hall meeting and they are a disaster

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

11. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

they traded McDavid to the Devils for Ben Lovejoy for their playoff run!! Wow, thanks Chiarelli!

12. CobraKidJon

yes blame the coaches for them being bad instead of the gm

(they both deserve blame)

13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

14. emersontheauthor

Regular

Just read about Hitch. I was shocked for like half a second before I remembered they were most likely going to let him go anyway. This is more graceful. He's supposed to stay on in a limited role as a consultant.

They're saying next head coach could make or break Jim Nill as GM. We'll see what happens.

For what it's worth, I liked Hitch. His style may have been a little outdated, but he seemed to be a good guy and it seemed like the players liked him. He gave Seguin a letter and the top line center job, and he more than stepped up to the challenge. He, Klinger, and Rads had career-best years. It seems like a lot of fans are focusing on the negative - his mistrust of the younger players, playing favorites, the top guys running out of gas by the end of the season, etc - but there was positive too, for sure.

15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

They took him because they thought they had another cup run coming and he could contribute sooner than other prospects.... with the 6th pick

16. CobraKidJon

LMAO

17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

10 months... he’s 19 years old and playing professional hockey while the majority of his peers are in juniors still.

To put it into perspective, Philadelphia drafted Couturier 8th overall in 2011. He made the NHL roster his rookie year. In 2017-18, he’s finally had his “breakout” year offensively. CBJ drafted Johansen above this kid, and it took him until year 3 to really break out.

The point is that not every player drafted in the top 10 is going to be NHL ready immediately. This kid was awesome at the WJC, but hasn’t had professional success yet for the most part. See where he’s at in another year or two. I Get you wanted a guy who was close to NHL ready, but don’t just close the book on this guy after only a few months.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Idk who you're referring to, I hate the rangers and I hope he gets traded and then becomes a HOFer

withchappedlips likes this.
  19. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Herman and most rangers pundits are gonna be doom and gloom for a while, don't take them seriously

Besides, last draft pick the rangers built a team around was Hank which was a super late pick... heck his twin brother Joel was drafted ahead of him

20. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Hate the rangers?!?!

Well...The team you support...I too hate

SlappinCups and PeacefulOrca like this.
  21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I like you though, you're a good guy

Just can't like them *cringes* sorry

22. CobraKidJon

Richter915 likes this.
  23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

enjoy rotting in NY

24. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm sure Dolan will roll out the red carpet

Richter915 likes this.
  25. CobraKidJon

lol winning a trade based on 3 ahl game sample

PeacefulOrca likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.