Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NHL Season Thread Hockey • Page 10

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Canes are gonna be so fun to watch these next few years. All the Cups for Darling, Teuvo, Nordstrom

2. cherrywaves

Trusted

Seeing multiple writers posit the idea of Jumbo returning to Boston. It's all happening baby!!!

3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Also all the teams are posting more jersey previews that don't show much of anything

RobbieBerns likes this.
  4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

He's so good:

5. CobraKidJon

PLEASE

RobbieBerns and dandandan like this.
  6. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Omg, that can't be real

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

ah yes. Chiarelli at work with the Dennis Seidenberg special

RobbieBerns and cubsml34 like this.
  8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Whyyyyyy

9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Looks like the numbers and letters are only going to be one layer instead of 2/3

10. CobraKidJon

Sharks make it to the finals. The very next year our assistant coach gets a coaching job.

Preds make it to the finals. A few weeks later an assistant coach for them gets a coaching job.

can we please stop being same unless you give us PK for burns

11. CobraKidJon

this might be old news but here it is again

RobbieBerns likes this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

thank jeebus

13. CobraKidJon

It makes sense to make him the ambassador for Vegas hockey. I am curious now who will the backup be.

14. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

15. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

For those that can't read the rest of this article:

According to several sources, the most likely outcome is a salary cap figure of $75-million next season. That is only a $2-million rise from last year. It would mean that the NHLPA voted against using the full 5 per cent growth factor, something it has only done once previously in 12 seasons under the salary cap.

It's important to note here that there's actually no scenario where the cap goes down or stays flat at $73-million. Even with a zero growth factor applied, the cap would be approximately $74-million due to revenues of just under $4-billion. Players are saying there's no chance it will stay that low. They will apply more than zero, in other words.

So that's the range we're looking at for next season: somewhere between $75- and $78-million.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

What was the cap this year?

Edit: $73m

17. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

18. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

That D is putrid especially considering what's gonna be available. If that's all Vegas walks away with, they should just immediately fold.

19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

James Neal sighting

20. CobraKidJon

I like Vatanen and Demers as top 4 defense but everyone else is blah.

If I was Vegas I'd take those two and Schlemko. I'm saying this as someone who hopes they don't take him because he is a fantastic depth player.

I can't really speak to the other three defenseman since I haven't messed with the draft thingy yet.

21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

is Florida really exposing Demers? was he that bad this year?

22. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

Vatanen should be a career third pairing defenceman

23. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ya and and it seems like at least the Bruins font is more narrow. Only teams that stick out as looking much different are the Wild and maybe the Avs

24. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Still laughing that Toronto and Colorado gave Robidas and Beauchemin three year deals at their age. I love Beauch for what he did in ANA, but he was clearly at the end of his career in 2015

dandandan likes this.
  25. Ekblad and Yandle are protected and their other D don't meet expansion rules. He has to be exposed as their D by default since their other D are not under contract for next year.

.. that could change if they make a trade or sign one of them.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.