Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NFL Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 73

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Also Dante Fowler is a damned fool. There goes the sympathy I had for his bad luck with the ACL.

As @CarpetElf said, Yannick is better anyway. And now the Duwane Smoot draft pick makes Dave Caldwell look very smart for adding pass rush depth to the roster in the event Dante never panned out.

Fowler has had character questions but I didn't think he'd assault a dude over some words. Even if the dude used a racial slur or something, be the bigger man and drive off and be happy you're paid millions for football while he is not. Come on dude. Not that hard.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

No, I meant an injury prone player who's really good when he's healthy and the decision of what to pay them when you have no depth close to that level of talent

3. Whatjuliansaid

No Randall, if the guy did that it's a way different convo

4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I will never get tired of seeing Randy Moss highlights

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  5. Night Channels

Trusted

He really was the best. That dude could roll out of bed and run a 4.2.

6. Moss is easily top 3 all time for me.

7. Randall Mentzos

Shit is ridiculous. 6'4" motherfucker running that fast. Should be illegal.

8. Randall Mentzos Jul 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

To be fair though both Hall and the safety were slow as shit to decide to flip their hips out of their backpedal. Hall played chicken with Moss and tried calling his bluff on the deep 9-route, assuming his recovery speed would make up for it if he was wrong, like it did against most WRs at the time.

Must have been their first time playing Moss. I'm sure next time Hall didn't get so greedy looking for a chance to jump in front of a curl or out route.

9. Randall Mentzos Jul 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 20, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

I disagree. Because that wouldn't be a rare or isolated incident. I think a lot of athletes deal with racism from the public without responding in a vitriolic manner. I'm not saying they shouldn't care, but I am saying football players have a lot more to lose than whoever they conflict with, and it's not a practical response to meet verbal abuse with violence. A player who gets in a fight with an ignorant asshole ends up hurting himself and his success more than he ever hurts the other person.

A racist slur is one example of many things that could have transpired -- I do think the guy probably insulted more than just Fowler's driving... that's just a media "story" to make it sound worse than it is. He had to have said something really fucked to get him to respond like that. BUT...

The mature players understand that while some of the undue criticism they receive could be downright malignant, slanderous, prejudiced, or personal... thats just one of the major downsides of taking on a highly public occupation, people think that gives them a pass to heckle you however and whenever they want. I can understand how, if that happens often it stresses you out more and more over time... but responding in a vitriolic way only serves to damage Fowler's reputation as a professional and as a role model.

Even if the guy deserved to get his ass whooped, did he really do something significant enough to make Fowler risk a lucrative career? Does it matter if some nobody who watches you on TV is a tiny dick racist who has to resort to racial insults to guard his inferiority complex? Like I said how much can you let a dude you don't even know get under your skin, when you have a lot more to lose from that conflict than he does?

As a mixed/black person who has been called the n-word out of road rage multiple times before... I'd just blast the line "black and successful, this black man meant to be special, " off Kendrick's "Blacker the Berry" out my car window and drive the fuck off.

10. Night Channels

Trusted

Atlanta's DC at that time obviously had them playing off to respect his speed. Sometimes you just can't do anything about that.

The video wants to point out how fast Hall's 40 time is, but what does that have to do with an actual football play? He's lined up against arguably the fastest straight line speed player of all-time and he's starting the play flat footed. Moss is basically at full speed by the time Hall flips.

Hall actually did a decent job trying to use the sideline as a defender. That is an absolutely terrible job by the safety over the top.

Moss was just unstoppable sometimes.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. Whatjuliansaid

Moss was great except when he stopped caring for thise in between years, I think he could've been even better than he was.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah, imagine if Moss actually cared his whole career. Would've been even more unbelievable. My top 3 is probably him, Jerry Rice, and Calvin Johnson (I'm biased)

13. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

What do we think of the cake Miko got Brent for the big 3-4? lol.

xbrokendownx likes this.
  14. Whatjuliansaid

I haven't seen it, most of us are prob blocked lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

here ya'll go

[​IMG]

16. Whatjuliansaid

That's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be

17. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I mean...its pretty bad lol.

18. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Apparently Bell is looking for WR money. Not just top RB.

19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Isn't 12M WR money?

edit: 12M AAV would be good for #7 amongst WRs

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

That's so dumb haha

21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I'm kind of getting scared that we haven't signed Landry yet guys

hold me

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. JRShoenberger

Trusted

You'd think.

23. Whatjuliansaid

He'll probably end up signing with some really bad team for like 60% guarantees and never play a full season while collecting checks and recording new albums

CarpetElf and JRShoenberger like this.
  24. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

The way I read it - Bell's looking for #1RB money + #2WR (since he was #2 in receptions last year behind AB) which supposedly amounts to near 15 mil per year.

I can't blame Bell for wanting to get paid and have little doubt that someone will give him that kind of money on the open market, as someone who's had two drug suspensions and only played 16 games once in season, I can't fault the Steelers for not capitulating to his demands and paying him more than 12 mil per year. He's definitely earned the right to be the highest paid RB in the league, but that kind of money seems excessive.

Owlex likes this.
  25. Whatjuliansaid

I can never blame him, it's the nfls fault that contracts aren't guaranteed in the first place and with the lifeline of players in the league they need to make as much as possible as fast as possible. Especially if you're an injury prone player.

Joe4th, swboyd and Owlex like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.