Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NFL Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 32

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I forgot that the browns don't have a true gm and Sashi brown is like overseeing guy. Hopefully they don't make him gm.

2. Whatjuliansaid

3. I don't buy it.

4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

truelovewaits likes this.
  5. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

who does everyone see as their team's "breakout" players this year?

On offense, I will say Devante Parker and on defense, I'll go Xavien Howard. I actually really like the makeup of our secondary if Maxwell can play like he did last year

6. Offense: Curtis Samuel
    Defense: Shaq Thompson

7. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Offense: Erik Swoope (or Moncrief, if he counts)
    Defense: Henry Anderson

8. Whatjuliansaid

Offense: Anthony Auclair
    Defense: Ryan smith

9. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Offense: Jesse James (real answer is Martavis Bryant, who is gonna blow away his 50/750/6TD performance from 2015)
    Defense: Bud Dupree (made an impact off IR last year...if he's healthy for 16, I bet he makes the Pro Bowl)

10. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Offense: Zay Jones
    Defense: Shaq Lawson

11. Night Channels

Trusted

Offense: Quincy Enunwa
    Defense: Jordan Jenkins

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. Night Channels

Trusted

I refuse to buy into this Austin Seferian-Jenkins hype but he's supposedly been absolutely dominant in OTAs so far. It'd be great to see things finally click for him, but Jordan Leggett will probably end up beating him out when it's all said and done.

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. Whatjuliansaid

Contract year:money::money::money:

14. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I mean, he's a McCown injury away from not having an NFL QB to throw to him; and his history with McCown (21/221/2TD) and a 4000yd QB (21/338/4TD) arent exactly the stuff of legend.

Even with how shit the TE depth is in the league, I bet he never gets a 2nd nfl contract

15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

16. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Browns still have like $60mil in cap space, and that includes the $16mil of Brock's contract. Anyone with any worth should be getting long-term extensions this year from them

17. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Offense: Braxton Miller
    Defense: DJ Reader

18. Whatjuliansaid

19. Fucking Dustin

Rookies aren't really considered breakout players

20. Whatjuliansaid

I mean, some people have put rookies in there. I just think about the jump from Brock the cock to Watson, it should make enough of an impact to give them some competent offense rather than just a receiver.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  21. Fucking Dustin

I mean I think he'll be the biggest improvement for our team but typically a breakout guy is someone who has been low impact in the NFL having a great season. Like AJ Bouye last season for instance.

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

They still have Crowell, but that's about it. Honestly, all the cap space is more of a retainer for guys like Haden, Osweiler, etc. than something that is getting guys extensions.

Love this extension though. Kirksey's improved every year and I think he will actually fill a 4-3 better.

23. Whatjuliansaid

Elliott smith, something something

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  24. Randall Mentzos May 30, 2017
    (Last edited: May 30, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

revisiting Jags games, without the emotion of them losing, has been... oddly encouraging?

Jalen Ramsey and Telvin Smith are legitimately awesome and making excellent plays constantly on tape. Our inconsistent line added Calais Campbell, Jackson and Ngakoue make enough splash plays in between for sure but we needed that run defender who holds up multiple linemen in pass rush.

Blake Bortles sucks. Good that I finally took the rose colored glasses off.

Fuck both our safeties, we gotta fix that. Gipson can't make open field tackles and isn't enough of a ballhawk to make up for that, even though he doees have a better nose for the ball than anyone in the last 5-6 years we've had.

Our line isn't good enough but also... 7-yard runs from Ivory/Yeldon would honestly be fuckin 20 yard sweeps with a safety punished if we gave the ball to Fournette. Not every 1 yard run was the line's fault, Ivory is slow moving laterally and Yeldon is slow moving upfield (still love his blocking and catching though).

When it was the line's fault, however, Jermey Parnell and Luke Joeckel were the weak links for sure. So I am glad to have two new tackles. Hopefully Marrone knows how to coach against D line stunts on the interior.

Sign Gary Barnidge, wtf. Why hasn't that happened.

With the improvements we HAVE made however, we should be like a 6-10 or 7-9 team. The only hope for better is our receivers playing better than last year to cover for Bortles inconsistencies.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  25. Whatjuliansaid

I'm proud of you Randall

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.