Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NFL Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 207

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Last pick I remember HATING was that Definsive Lineman who's knees were all but gone. I forget his name now. He's with the Rams and once again hurt.

2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Dominique Easley

3. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Sounds like turnstile Issac Seumalo is getting benched and the Eagles are gonna start Chance Warmack at LG this week.

I'm not sure Warmack is going to be anything special at all but I'm fairly certain it'll be tough to be worse than Seumalo was this week.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Pittsburgh has done well in recent drafts for most positions except CB (but Burns looks solid).

I remember wishing we'd have drafted a CB over Shazier, but he's awesome so I'll stick to my day job.

swboyd likes this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

They should've thrown the promise they made to Jarvis in the trash the year before and taken Trufant

6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. enlliac

The Real Azor Ahai

Shouldnt it also be his?

GrantCloud and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  8. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

some fun early season stats:

the Buccaneers scored 29 points in their only game this season so far. NINE teams haven't scored 29 in the two games they've played this season COMBINED. (i.e. Seattle scored 9 in week 1, 12 in week 2 - i don't mean all 9 teams have scored less than 29 points. sentence is worded funny).

3 teams (that have played at least two games so far) are averaging 6.5 PPG or less.

4 teams (that have played at least two games so far) are averaging at least 30 PPG.

9. Panthers have only given up 6 total points through 2 games but I still think our defense is average.

10. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Normally I'd laugh at that take but you've played two dumpster bin offenses so I'll allow it.

11. Brees and Brady are going to pick on Daryl Worley the next two games. It'll be ugly.

Hopefully Cam gets back on track so we can keep up. He's had some awful throws this year.

12. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, they haven't really been tested yet. Did a pretty good job of shutting down McCoy, though. I think they'll end up with a Top 10 defense. Pass rush has looked awesome. Offense needs to get their shit together, though.

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

TIL that there are multiple people out there who think that Ryan Nassib is going to take the Jaguars to the playoffs.

I am genuinely terrified to be alive.

14. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

at least Jalen Ramsey still looks pretty awesome

I am gonna be so sad if he doesn't take our money in 3 years. If we stay this bad, it won't matter how much we offer him.

15. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

xbrokendownx likes this.
  16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

#thatsmyquarterback

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  17. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I remember liking Shazier, but, thinking that Verrett or Dennard were better picks. And being SUPER pissed that Fuller went a spot before. And obviously he has worked out great.

That said, Decastro and Dupree both falling to us were the ones I remember being ecstatic about, and those seem to have worked well. If Burns and Davis pan out, the Steelers will have had some really strong drafts this decade.

swboyd likes this.
  18. preppyak

Elite Supporter

2012 draft is kind of crazy. Every OL taken in Round 1 worked out (Reiff, Decastro, Zeitler). But every skill player (WR/RB) basically failed (Blackmon, Floyd, Wright, Jenkins, Richardson, Wilson....Doug Martin id call even, has had 2 great years out of 5)

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I just looked back out of curiosity and man the 2012 draft was underwhelming at best. Not many superstars that came out of that draft. Then I looked back at 2011 and WOW. The top 10 alone is insane.

20. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yeah 2011 is bananas

21. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Only way to miss in the top 12 of the 2011 draft was to take a QB

The whole first round is so good, even the Browns didnt completely mess up their pick

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  22. Well, there's one QB that wasn't a miss.

23. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Kaepernick was round 2 though

Kidding I love Cam

preppyak likes this.
  24. preppyak

Elite Supporter

[​IMG]

But yeah, Cam is kind of implied as a non-miss

25. Whatjuliansaid

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.