Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Awful

2. DooDooBird

Trusted

Ugh. I dread it. Rest of the college football world will rejoice, but watching Alabama won't be the same. There's quite a bit of entertainment value Saban brings to the table when he's coaching.

3. Whatjuliansaid

Good move

4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Whatjuliansaid and CarpetElf like this.
  5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

How many more chances do they get before someone just kills the program? This is getting ridiculous. They should not have an athletic department.

FTank and CarpetElf like this.
  6. Whatjuliansaid

but hey kids don't care that much cause they still choose it over other programs.

7. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

sark left bama for the falcons OC job

FTank and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Joe4th, CarpetElf and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's shallow. They're clearly just doing it to attempt to save face. 25 percent isn't shit. Kick them out of the conference.

Joe4th and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  10. Whatjuliansaid

they should be forced to donate all profit to charities for the entire suspension

11. Whatjuliansaid

congrats tyler

Swoos likes this.
  12. Joe4th Feb 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2017)
    Joe4th

13. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

There's a doctor that worked with MSU and with USA Gymnastics who is in a lawsuit for molesting underaged girls by like 7-8 girls (one a current MSU student athlete) and it came out in the new motion of the lawsuit that someone in MSU admin told the gymnasts at MSU to "no comment the media and the police" so basically asking them to obstruct justice. Not a great time at MSU this year.

14. Joe4th

This bums me out so much, fuck. They need to get it together.

15. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Bummer to hear about Snyder.

16. Whatjuliansaid

fuck Sandusky and his son, this is vile af

17. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

MSU suspended their director of football recruiting and didn't give a reason. MSU's athletic department is in absolute shambles. Just another reminder that all coaches that seem like one of the "good ones" are likely the heads of corrupt enterprises just trying to cover shit up to get ahead in the world. They're basically politicians that happen to call plays in a sports game.

18. Joe4th

I'm so incredibly disappointed in MSU right now. This is ridiculous and I hope he gets let go. Don't cop out with a suspension.

19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I don't care if couldn't give a shit less about the Washington Huskies or the Peach Bowl or Bama or whatever....but this is absolutely incredible.

UW has the best video team in all of college, imo.

20. Whatjuliansaid

Matt Lubick, three jobs in two months.

21. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Meanwhile...Ole Miss's video team puts this gem out and slaps themselves with a one year bowl ban lmao.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  22. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Just a quick gander into what one author at the Lansing State Journal has been writing about. Oh, cool. Is this national news? Like do people know the clusterfuck that is happening at Michigan State? Their athletics department needs to be cleaned out.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/staff/37347/matt-mencarini/

Edit: Scroll down to the articles Matt Mencarini has written. Just some atrocious things being levied against the school which, if true, are damning at best, inhumane at worst.

23. Michael Schmidt Feb 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2017)
    Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Won't let me read that article on mobile, but I can't imagine the USA gymnastics stuff is helping either. Hopefully things get straightened out and the right people held accountable.

24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I couldn't find the article that I wanted to, but this is it:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...faces-23-new-sexual-assault-charges/98220438/

Also, there's allegations levied towards MSU that they told current people involved in the case to give "no comment" to both the media AND THE POLICE. Uhh, what?

And there are a few kids suspended from the football team for an alleged sexual assault and they've suspended the recruiting coordinator. Ugly times in East Lansing.

Joe4th likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.