Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 250

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Well this didn’t age well.

FTank, Joe4th and PeacefulOrca like this.
  2. dorfmac

Trusted

Not at all - it’s been a bummer day for the DBUs. LSU missing on surtain and Florida missing in boykin

CarpetElf and bigmike like this.
  3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

You can kind of figure out what your schools chances are if you follow the main beat writers most of the time, I don't get why people wait around all day just to watch a video and get disappointed. Get espn alerts and do something else with your day then be sad you aren't getting some kid.

4. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Suggesting to follow ESPN for anything RE: Teen boy football recruiting is off the walls crazy, imo.

Unless you follow a school in the SE corridor of the U.S., they have no clue what is going on.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, you can just get the alert of those who commit to your school instead of waiting around to watch each of potential commits live streams. It's probably less stressful.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Julez, you are confusing me lol. Who is sitting around waiting to watch kids commit? All I am saying is you shouldn't follow ESPN for anything regarding college football recruiting. That's all I'm saying.

247/Rivals with plugged in regional specific guys are the best to rely on, imo.

7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

No idea what you're saying. An alert is an alert, who gives a fuck where it's from; It's post commit and that's all that matters.

There are folks who sit around and watch, trust me. They constantly bitch and moan on the interwebs.

8. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  9. xkj1985x Feb 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2018)
    xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

The day that keeps on giving

Mama probably bummed that she’s not gonna get the coffee cup from Tosh.

Edit:

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  10. dorfmac

Trusted

Damn what a bitch she comes in wearing Bama shirt and Tennessee hat she obviously couldn’t make up her mind. I feel terrible for Copeland - that’s got to feel awful having your mom walk out on one of the defining moments of your life

11. dorfmac

Trusted

Hopefully that letter gets faxed in before Mom talks him out of it

12. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

...because people like it? I understand your point, and I tend to agree with it. But I covered recruiting for mid-major school and it's a very big deal to a lot of people. The people who are into it are into it. It's like asking people to not go see the new star wars because you can read the wikipedia article afterwards.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  13. PeacefulOrca Feb 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2018)
    PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm not hating on people who enjoy it, it was more toward people who get real worried and stressed about it. I understand the philosophy completely, just wish people would take it easy and not curse out kids trying to plan the best for their future. It's some boshit.

14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I agree on not harassing teenagers, 100%. The people who do that are absolute maniacs. However, the ones that stress out about it and stuff I view as no different than getting super nervous during a massive bowl or playoff game. I'm also pretty insulated from it now since I don't follow recruiting as closely after spending 18 months submerged in the industry.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

lol I mean....fuckin whatever.

16. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Y’all. I can’t.

17. DooDooBird

Trusted

I'm hoping Butch is hired only to bring Saban his coffee and little debbies in the morning.

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

dorfmac likes this.
  19. DooDooBird

Trusted

Hopefully Jimbo fails hard and it becomes even funnier.

Drew Baldy, airik625 and PeacefulOrca like this.
  20. airik625

21. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

sorry to hear that.

22. airik625

What are you sorry to hear? Have you seen Guarantano try to play football?

23. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

No. But I've seen plenty of Keller Chryst hence my condolences. Watching that Stanford offense with Chryst was beyond painful. It wasn't until they put in KJ Costello that I actually feared that offense as a Washington fan.

24. airik625

He’s better than Guarantano by a mile. I’m not complaining.

25. DooDooBird

Trusted

So, this happened at Alabama's pro day.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.