Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 248

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

"It's been an honor to guide this department" is a weird thing to say considering where they have been guided.

There's no reason for this institution to stand. There's also no reason any of these people should be allowed respectfully retire or resign.

Joe4th likes this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I hate everything. I’m so fucking ashamed to have gone here. I’m so mad that they’re getting my money and that it’s gone towards paying these fucks.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

dantonio is so gone. he better fucking be

sadly izzo probably will survive

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I would be absolutely shocked if Dantonio is fired.

Night Channels likes this.
  5. cwhit

so much in the story is completely damning of him. hope there are riots on campus until he's gone

6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

MSU needs to clean house, real bad. Don't care how beloved the coach(es) are, they need to go. What is incredibly awful to think about is how this is (1) the tip of the iceberg and (2) prevalent at tons of universities and colleges around the country.

Michael Schmidt and Joe4th like this.
  7. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I do not disagree. I just will always believe in the power that athletics hold in terms of keeping people who should be ousted in power positions.

8. cwhit

i most situations i'd agree, but i think with everything else going on at the university these revelations about dantonio are enough. i think izzo should be gone too but i see no way this hits him

9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I'd hope, but I think you're a bit more optimistic about the strength of justice versus the strength of sports. We'll see. I'd love to be wrong on this. I will say that if you took a poll in Lansing, I'd venture to guess Dantonio's approval rating -- even after this news report -- is probably like 75%.

10. cwhit

reactions from big name reporters on twitter are very very very harsh. i think this is going to get enough traction. i think he's gone.

bigmike likes this.
  11. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully. But big name reporters don't pay the school money. Boosters are what matter, not reporters and I think most boosters are willing to just ride this out and hope Nassar takes all the heat and people forget about Dantonio's awful behavior.

12. Joe4th

Just fire everyone.

I can barely process this whole thing right now and am still numb. but everyone needs to go. This is disgusting.

Michael Schmidt and bigmike like this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Shut it completely down. Expedite all transfers. Fire everyone. Lifetime ban from the NCAA.

bigmike likes this.
  14. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Here's the masochistic thing to think about: The next white, 45+ year old coach they bring in after Dantonio isn't going to be any better morally.

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

[​IMG]

16. Joe4th

bigmike likes this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Man, I'd like to say LSU is a lock for the top DB prospect but I'm not....Surtain.

dorfmac likes this.
  18. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

247 sure thinks you are guys are.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  19. I need a college football program to follow closely. I will always be a UNC fan but we’ll never be that good so it’s not as fun haha I’d like to find another team to having a rooting interest in.

20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Root for ASU, I hear they hired a great HC

21. no thanks

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Nebraska.

23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

You watch Tennessee every week already :crylaugh:

24. Not putting myself through that pain haha

Garrett L. likes this.
  25. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.