Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 7

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Very glad he's off the team. How he kept Kamara off the starting block is beyond me. Butch's worst mistake, easily. And he's got a lot of them.

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Why would you choose Baylor though? Like, what the fuck can bring you to that place? Waco, Texas at one of the historically worst performing schools in college football history with a scandal looming over their heads.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  3. Garrett

I guess because the conference by and large doesn't play defense (mostly joking mostly not) and he wants to pad some stats for the draft? Idk. He was on pace to break every RB record at Tennessee so who knows what his motives are.

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's funny cause that's now a criticism against him haha. If he breaks out now it's "clearly, he isn't that good since he had to go to the Big 12 to play well."

Garrett L. likes this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I never thought he looked like a rb, I'm glad he's playing a different position now

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

If only Kamara had started the entire season.

Garrett L. likes this.
  7. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I love Kamara. My top choice if the Jags don't go RB in the first.

airik625 likes this.
  8. Whatjuliansaid

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I feel for people who lose their jobs, but Danny Kanell is also a douchebag, so I feel less bad on this one.

10. Whatjuliansaid

I didn't particularly enjoy him but I could never be happy about someone losing their job and the ability to support their families, Im sure he'll land somewhere though

11. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Danny Kanell is worth millions. I'm not crying for him.

12. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

This comes on the heels of Michigan supposedly trying to buy their way out of the UW home and home scheduled for 2020 and 2021.

FTank and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  13. Whatjuliansaid

They announce this stuff like 10yrs ahead of time and it's crazy

14. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

It is kinda silly, I agree but I understand the necessity for scheduling. But UW got HAMMERED last year because of their SOS but its by no fault of their own.

They had a Wisconsin H & H scheduled and they pulled out of that. They've had the Michigan series scheduled for a few years now and supposedly that is on the verge of crumbling (Michigan wants out) and now this one is scheduled. I'll be shocked if it actually happens.

15. Whatjuliansaid

Michigan won't have harbaugh by the time this game happens

16. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I'm making some VERY early plans to be in Atlanta for the UW-Auburn kickoff game in 2018. Can anybody familiar with Atlanta give me some hotel ideas close to the stadium?

Also does ATL have a good rail system that I could use to get around the area? I really don't want to rent a car.

17. Garrett

Basically look for any hotels in downtown, though midtown would also work. There's a very prominent Westin there near the aquarium and World of Coke that's pretty spectacular.

Atlanta is the only Southern city with rail, so yeah, you can make that work.

18. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Excellent. I would probably need to Uber (is that allowed in GA?) from the airport to the Westin, I assume or is there a rail stop at the airport? I could probably look into this myself but figured I'd get a clearer, more concise answer from someone familiar with the area.

19. Garrett

MARTA has a stop at Hartsfield-Jackson. Uber and Lyft are both in Atlanta iirc. I'm down there pretty regularly, but always stay with my cousin and we drive one of our cars so I'm not sure on the logistical side as much. Just be prepared for a shitton of traffic if you use any car options.

xkj1985x likes this.
  20. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

This speaks volumes to how much talent UGA didn't lose with this graduating class. Psyched to see whether this is finally the year

Whatjuliansaid and CarpetElf like this.
  21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Scott Frost signed through 2021 now. Yeeeeeee

22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

23. Whatjuliansaid May 8, 2017
    (Last edited: May 13, 2017)
    Whatjuliansaid

Early signing day got announced, its dec.20

24. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

My school just announced a game in 2027, didn't think that was possible....

25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.