Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NCAA Football Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 245

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Garrett, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

What black magic does Bama have to be able to convince the #1 dual threat QB to leave their home state of HAWAII to live in the state of ALABAMA. Football team is amazing, I get that.but still. You're in ALABAMA and coming from HAWAII.

2. marsupial jones

The state of Georgia has now lost two consecutive football championships after leading by a combined 38 points. In the second half.

3. marsupial jones

Okay maybe last post of the night - that's three legendary National Championship in a row. And all three contain Bama. That's so crazy.

4. DooDooBird

Trusted

His whole family moved to Birmingham too so they could be closer to Tua. His brother is in high school and will prob go to Bama.

5. shea

RIP Supporter

It’s almost embarrassing how petty I am but thank fucking god they lost. What a miserable year I would have been in for.

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

it's one of those Georgia losses where there's no where to really point blame. In a way, it reminds me of the falcons loss. Alabama just kept getting closer, Georgia played sorta conservative but not insanely.

I mean you could've placed blame on UGA collapsing at the end of the 4th...but bama gave them a break with a missed fg. They had a monster sack on the first play too. and then...

whoops. game over you lose.

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

btw i watched the homer-cast the whole time... thought it was quite entertaining

8. DooDooBird

Trusted

I didn't realize how hated Georgia is by people on this board. It's weird. I'm so used to everyone hating Bama so hard.

9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

i don't hate teams, just teams' fans.

Joe4th and T.J. like this.
  10. T.J.

music and baseball.

No worst reason for hating a team than because they are often successful. Its not becoming.

11. marsupial jones

I'll go out on a limb here and say that I really enjoy watching dynasties.

I was too young to appreciate the 90's Bulls live and caught up years later and learned all the struggles they overcame to do what they did (Knicks, Pistons, rosters, etc.) and the Bills 4 Super Bowls in a row or the Cowboys title runs. I thought it would be cool to see that happen in real time, so being able to watch Bama, the Patriots and now the Warriors is a lot of fun and mind boggling. I know most get bored with teams that win a lot but you don't know if / when it will ever happen again in your lifetime. Gotta appreciate it while it's there.

bigmike likes this.
  12. DooDooBird

Trusted

So many true freshmen stepped up tonight. Tua, Devonta Smith, Najee, Jeudy, Ruggs, etc... Like holy shit.

13. marsupial jones

Unsung hero / great decision that will go unnoticed is what one of the receivers does on Ridley's fourth down TD catch. If he keeps running his route he runs into Ridley and / or at least making that a really hard catch in traffic. But, he stops, he seems Ridley coming and his stopping stops the defender behind him as well.

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Four first place votes for UCF

DeviantRogue and bigmike like this.
  15. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Had to watch the game on a crappy WatchESPN stream. It froze RIGHT as Ridley caught/or didn't catch that final ball. About 20 seconds of panic.

It's super cool for me to see a lot of folks here cheering for and/or blown away by Bama for the positive when they don't live anywhere close to the Southeast. Me living in Bama all my life.

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The power of good football is amazing. We went from "they don't deserve to be in there" and "fuck them" to all hugging and shit.

17. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

At the end of the day, even as a direct rival of both teams involved who wanted both teams to lose because of that, when an amazing game is played (Georgia's first half is as equally impressive as Bama's second half, which is understandably getting lost in what Bama did in the secondd half) and if you truly love the sport, just enjoy it for what it is: a high, high, high caliber game.

Joe4th, CarpetElf and bigmike like this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah, that was too good of a game to hate haha.

Garrett L. and Joe4th like this.
  19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

20. Night Channels

Trusted

Eason stinks too

bigmike likes this.
  21. xkj1985x Jan 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2018)
    xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I saw more from Jacob Eason in 2016 than I've seen in three years of Jake Browning (and undoubtedly what I'll see in Year 4, too). That's all I need.

As long as UW continues to play good defense (Fiesta Bowl doesn't count since their pass rush SUCKED ASS) and Jacob Eason can be at least competent, UW can get to that next level--whatever that might be.

Despite a dismal performance from the UW defense in the Fiesta Bowl, if they had a QB with half a brain---they win that game. Just give me an upgrade there and give me something to be excited about.

Fact of the matter is that UW lost two games in the regular season this year against teams they should have beat. Both games, the offense was left stuck in the mud because of the dodo brain of Jake Browning. Expect the same in 2018.

22. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

i’ll take one (1) jalen hurts please

23. Jalen Hurts to FAU please

Night Channels likes this.
  24. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Now you wanna talk about a QB who sucks....

25. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

wisconsin’s returning five OL, Jonathan Taylor, D’Cota Dixon, and our defensive leader in TJ Edwards. getting a QB who is real would be incredibly dope.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.