Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2022-2023 NCAA Basketball Thread Basketball • Page 144

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2016.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

but michigan state should be number 1 over UVA, right?

2. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

if youve ever paid attention to how the polls work, its never a "total season resume" type thing...its a "what have you done for me lately" type thing

if you are #2 and #1 loses, you move up to #1, even if you didnt deserve to even be #2 to begin with. Thats how things have always been

RuckerPark likes this.
  3. primavera

hmmmmm no it isn't lol

4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

what do you mean no it isnt?

yes, it absolutely is. Thats how the polls work. Thats how the polls have always worked

5. primavera

they take into account strength of schedule, they take into account RPI, they take into account the quality of loss, as well as recent performance, yes

but yes, MSU should totally hop UVA for beating a bad wisconsin team, a bad indiana team (x2), a bad maryland team and a bad penn state team since losing to a bad michigan team, because UVA lost in overtime to a rival lol

Jason Tate and slimfenix182 like this.
  6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

my dude, you are giving them WAY too much credit, Theere is no way that they look at all that stuff every single week. None.

7. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, they don't look at things like RPI and top 50 wins when deciding the top 25 polls. Those are just writers shuffling the same 25-35 teams around as responses to losses. As polls go, I was kind of surprised MSU didn't get to No. 1 after that weekend.

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

We're just technically nobodies on the internet that are paying attention to these things every week... People whose job is covering college basketball don't?

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

You'd be surprised

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

If you were right and all they cared about was wins and losses and nothing else, wouldn't Michigan St have become number one like you thought they should? Lol a ton of evidence was presented in here as to why Virginia should be one. They obviously know the things besides wins and losses lol

11. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I mean, I dont think I ever really strongly argued who should or shouldn't be #1 or not aside from making a post or two about it. I don't really care in the long run because it is meaningless

but if you actually think the week to week voters look at RPI, strength of schedule, Kenpom, etc, then I have a bridge to sell you

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the real question is where did all this "quadrant 1" nonsense come from, i never saw that terminology until this year where it sort of popped up without mention

bigmike likes this.
  13. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

cool.

14. cwhit

i'm very much looking forward to kansas getting hit hard by this investigation, they've become one of my least favorite programs recently

15. RuckerPark

why

16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  17. John Lopiano

aka Broken Parachute Moderator

I’m going to the Seton Hall/Villanova game in New Jersey next Wednesday 2/28. I have three tickets in another section that I’m not using though and looking to get rid of. If anyone in the NY/NJ/PA area wants them, it’s $150 total for three tickets (section 13, seats 1-3 at Prudential Center). Great seats. I’ll even sell them to a Nova fan if I have to.

xbrokendownx likes this.
  18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Phil Booth back tonight! Finally we get fully healthy

19. cwhit

lots of weird recruitment stuff this year, guys that were locks to us that had kansas swoop in last minute and grab guys, the desousa thing in particular was very odd, especially with them rushing to get him enrolled super quickly

20. cwhit

21. primavera

have disliked kansas since team jabari v. team wiggins

22. Hm.

Bagley's out again.

I am starting to wonder if he plays again this year.

23. RuckerPark

thank you for actually providing valid reasons. Although I disagree, i can respect that sentiment. I went there and live in Lawrence so I'm a little biased, but I think we're going to get slammed post season with the investigation...

i think the Preston stuff was weirder than the DeSousa stuff...

24. RuckerPark

on another note, if you want to watch a team play insanely well together, rewatch that KU-OU game from Monday. Man, if only we could always play like that...

25. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Good year for Buffalo area basketball...should get two teams in, possibly 3 out of 4. Pretty cool especially since I'm not sure Syracuse is going to get in.

I should just burn my brackets now because I'm guaranteed to pick either Buffalo or St. Bonaventure as an upset special. No way would I pick Canisius if they steal the MAAC bid though, I'm not that dumb