Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NBA Season Thread [Archived] Basketball • Page 375

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by y2jayjk, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

MJ and Kupchak lmao kemba get out while you can

2. primavera

upload_2018-2-20_17-41-26.png

this is, like, the easiest "yes, please" ever, right? do i want a top 2 player of all time, idk hmmmm

from kevin o'connor/the ringer

3. scottlechowicz Feb 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2018)
    scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Bulls starting five tonight: Dunn-LaVine-Nwaba-Laurie-Felicio. Holliday and Lopez to the bench. It's happening.

Now we just need to unleash Cameron Payne.

Edit: Paxson said Grant is out of the rotation in favor of Cameron Payne. Amen!!

4. If he's better than Lebron you do it without hesitation.

5. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

If JR Smith can get his brother a roster spot, I think an all-time great player shouldn’t have a problem.

6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

yeah, hypothetically you deal with the bullshit for a Lebron level player, and I highly doubt we see someone at that caliber for like a decade.

7. scottlechowicz Feb 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 20, 2018)
    scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Wait, fucking Lavar as coach/gm?

No, that’s a hard pass. It’s gonna be difficult enough to construct a championship winning roster with a Max player and his 2 brothers taking up roster spots / cap space without a total novice running the show.

And such a concession says that a coach has no role to play in winning a championship and I just don’t buy into that.

If he wants his brothers on the team, you can consider it depending on your roster situation. But he doesn’t get to have his novice Dad as coach / gm.

incognitojones likes this.
  8. In this scenario Lonzo is a top-2 player of all-time. His two brothers making 5 mil each isn’t that bad. There are plenty of guys in the league riding the bench making that. Example: Kyle Singler. And it doesn’t matter if Lavar is the coach if he has the best player on the planet on his team. He’ll be able to attract other star players and win.

primavera likes this.
  9. primavera

lol you wouldn't take the second best player of all time for $10m in addition total on the books and a person who won't play that much role taking the media spotlight and annoyance off the players?

lol ok my dude

10. The coach / GM part would be hard ... unless Lonzo’s as good as GM LeBron.

12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

In this hypothetical world, a Lonzo Ball that’s as good as LeBron might also mean that GM Lavar is basically Jerry West.

13. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Its hard to argue for this scenario because the hypothetical is so absurd

If Markelle Fultz was guaranteed to become the greatest PG in history, but only if you personally chopped off his arm by the shoulder, so it could be replaced with a robot arm, would you do it? He does not cooperate, and no one will believe your claim if you try to explain it, so you have to get through a lot of security, also you have to make sure he lives, this all falls down to you personally nailing the removing of his arm, and you can't get any help. Sixers guaranteed 6+ championships. Worth it?

Wharf Rat and primavera like this.
  14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

No. Go Bulls.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  15. primavera

in this scenario, giannis has surpassed MJ, Lonzo, Lebron and Markelle, right? he's the new logo and its him dunking from halfcourt?

Drew Beringer likes this.
  16. Nah

17. primavera

lil kemba of course has been retired for 20 years at this point and isn't in the hall with only two all stars. sad!

18. wow you got me

primavera and jdr2187 like this.
  19. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

You have to build a Ford Model T by hand out of wood, burn it in a sacrifice, then also after every game Giannis mentions you by name, saying not to trust you, but he never explains why, so you can't hold a job, or a relationship, and the government is constantly watching you, plus you're hated by Bucks fans and are never allowed to watch their games to protect Giannis. And then also Lavar Ball is your roommate for life, and you only get NBA information second hand from him, he also lies all the time and talks shit and eats your food and doesn't even apologize. You're both immortal now and he torments you long after the NBA folds and humanity dies off, until the natural entropy of the universe slowly compresses your forms into blackholes before collapsing into oblivion.

Do you do it?

Snewt and Wharf Rat like this.
  20. primavera

i’m not a selfish man

21. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

You sacrifice your existence to a very specific hell, so Bucks fans can enjoy a run of winning never before seen, that you can never enjoy personally. And the strangest part, no one will ever know what you did, and they will hate you the entire time.

Robk and primavera like this.
  22. primavera

i will know.

23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

What the hell am I reading?

This is some intense fanfic

24. primavera

nba fanfic

incognitojones and PeacefulOrca like this.
  25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I mean, that's part of the torment, you never really know, you can't watch these games and Lavar is not consistent. You can think you did the right thing but you'll never know what's real and isn't. The worst part about hell is that you can't ever be sure you're there.

primavera likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.