Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NBA Season Thread [Archived] Basketball • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by y2jayjk, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait until LeBron pressures the Cavs Front Office to trade that 2018 Nets pick for a 37-year-old veteran at the trade deadline in February...

incognitojones and Jason Tate like this.
  3. Kyrie is not that much better than Isiah

bachna84 likes this.
  4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

incognitojones likes this.
  5. bachna84

Only way I'd trade the pick is with a long-term LeBron commitment...which he isn't going to give.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Which is why I'm afraid Cavs will panic and flip that pick just to make some sort of desperate move at the deadline.

That said, I don't see LeBron leaving. But this is coming from the guy who was convinced Kyrie wasn't going to be traded either...

GrantCloud and bachna84 like this.
  7. bachna84

Kyrie is 3 years younger, but if we're talking about next year specifically I agree.

Cavs opening night vs. Celtics will be nuts.

8. Boston maybe shoulda just taken Fultz? Still don't really get that one. But o well.

y2jayjk and aoftbsten like this.
  9. bachna84

I haven't really given it much thought, but who do you think some of the guys would be that'd be available around the trade deadline? I mean guys worth the Nets pick?

10. bachna84

I think if they really like Tatum (which all signs point to) trading down to get him plus another very likely high draft pick is a smart move.

13. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I'm not a huge fan of Thomas, but he's not a bad replacement, even if just for one year. Love that we got the Nets pick though. That's a huge trade piece or big investment in a young talent. Crowder is solid too. We've needed a solid wing defender not named LeBron. Overall, not bad, but it's all because of the Nets pick.

14. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Definitely need a dislike button in these situations

15. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

haha same (as a Hawks fan), but I kind of like it. Feels weird.

Jason Tate likes this.
  16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

the Cavs may now have the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA

17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Lebron has dragged worse Cleveland teams to the finals

18. WhosBroden?

Regular Prestigious

Pretty happy with that trade as a Celtics fan. Going to miss Isaiah though, nothing but love for that bloke.

19. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Everyone's talking about what this trade means for the Cavs-Celtics rivalry when we should be discussing what this means for the Lakers-Celtics rivalry after next season. God I love all the chaos of the NBA offseason.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Brilliant.

incognitojones and bachna84 like this.
  22. dallasc

Trusted

Great trade for both teams TBH,
    As of right now IT for kyrie is pretty much a 1:1 swap. Both elite scorers, clutch guys and terrible defenders, obviously Kyrie has a higher ceiling so it makes sense to include crowder and the pick.
    Crowder is gonna help Cleaveland tremendously on defense and the Brooklyn pick is great lebron insurance. Cavs shouldn't have any problem getting back to the finals

23. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I've switched sides, that pick is too good. Boston got robbed. Good.

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. Wade maybe/probably coming over at some point too

Cavs are likely gonna be better. Good enough? Probably not. But ANYTHING IS POS3-1BLE!!!!

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I think its a good trade.

Cavs are up in the air after this season with LeBron being on the table. IT and Crowder are good options to have if LeBron leaves.

Celtics had to give up more than just IT for Kyrie...IT's a scorer, but Cavs need a defender and IT was not it, which is another reason Crowder was included. This match up will be interesting!

My Bulls are gonna suck big time. I love Wade, but he needs to go to Cav's or Heat.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.