Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 NBA Season Thread [Archived] Basketball • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by y2jayjk, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I guess they were just like who has a lesser pg that's still good and can give up more assets with it and that makes sense.

2. I actually think that's a better deal for CLE to be honest. For the future? And for one last shot this year? Yeah.

Owlex and bachna84 like this.
  3. Whatjuliansaid

So Cleveland next year is gonna start with Isaiah crowder bagley and love and make the playoffs probably

5. That 2018 pick is huge.

GrantCloud, Robk and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Boston only getting Kyrie? Big picture that probably is the better deal for CLE. Might even be better short term too.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. Chaos!

8. Whatjuliansaid

So like... ainge rode out not trading that pick for this long just to make this move? I feel like he could've had a better team. He could've gotten butler for that pick and not had to give anything up idk

I hate the Celtics but I hate Danny ainge more

Snewt likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

NBA craziness never stops. Especially in the offseason.

10. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

As a Cavs fan, I think I've finally accepted that Kyrie won't be on the team moving forward.

Honestly, I think for next season Thomas will put up close to the offensive numbers that Kyrie does. And Kyrie is really nothing to write home about on defense (still better than Thomas there). All that said, I wish Kyrie was happy here and that he'd be a Cav for life. He's just awesome to watch.

I like Crowder and he has a very team friendly contract.

Rumor has it the Cavs could potentially get the 2018 unprotected Nets pick too!

Zilla likes this.
  11. Whatjuliansaid

Celtics could've had

Fultz, brown, butler, crowder, horford instead

Or turned around and traded crowder and zizic for more picks and added someone else. Like... i think they could've been even better than they are now

It's solid for Cleveland, just have to hope Isaiah and his hip issues won't continue

12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

That's a way better pick than I thought they'd get

Gonna be an awkward ECF

13. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GrantCloud likes this.
  14. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

That's by far the best deal Cleveland could have gotten (definitely better than Eric Bledsoe/Josh Jackson/a pick)

Talent wise, a good move for Boston, especially considering they probably didn't want to max IT. But man, I really think they're gonna miss Crowder/Bradley's defense

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. Rare both teams did pretty good trade tbh

16. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I wanna see Bron yamming on Kyrie in the ECF

bachna84 likes this.
  17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

As a Cavs fan, I'm gonna miss Kyrie the postseason with Lebron. This is like a weird reverse Penny/Shaq situation.

18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Friend from Cleveland who works with the Cavs also said Kyrie's dad did not like Lebron in the least. Don't know how much that affected him, but some interesting trivia.

19. Going to be interesting to see Stevens and Kyrie ... wonder what schemes will see this year.

20. Kyrie and Tatum...

I don't wanna cheer for Boston though. :uhoh:

21. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I've become bitter and angry at the shitty front offices in Chicago and Indiana, those teams are garbage now anyway

I have an irrational hatred for Cleveland, and I can't really cheer for Boston either, doesn't feel right. I don't think there's a team I'd be happy to see coming out of the East, Wizards? Raptors? At best kind of neutral and boring.

Go T-Wolves 2020

22. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Wow

I love the move for Boston

23. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Knicks!!

24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That's a fantastic trade for both sides

25. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

My least favorite team, also one of the worst, and easily the worst run. So you know. Not a good fit.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.