Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 Fantasy Football Discussion [Archived] Football • Page 61

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Deathco_019, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Pick a flex:

Jamaal Williams
    Kennan Allen
    Kelvin Benjamin
    Jordy Nelson
    Latavius Murray
    Rex Burkhead

I'm leaning on Jamaal Williams, especially if Ty is out. I have Diggs and Woods starting at WR1 and WR2 and Lamar Miller and Kenyan Drake at RB 1 and 2 (Davonte Freeman out this week). Allen, Benjamin and Nelson all seem kind of useless right now. Murray and Burkhead have great match-ups but who knows how many snaps they'll play.

2. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

This is tough, Bortles has the far more favorable matchup but he is who he is, go Keenum and hope it's a shootout?

3. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Trade proposed to me, I give Carr and Hyde and receive Michael Thomas and Alex Collins.

My team:

QB: Wentz, Carr, Roethlisberger (Ben was bye week cover for the others)
    RB: McCaffrey, Hyde, Ingram, Tevin, Cohen
    WR: Jordy, Amari, Agholor, Hurns

His team:

QB: Cutler
    RB: Hunt, Devonte Freeman, Jamal Williams, Alex Collins, Darkwa
    WR: Thomas, JuJu, Landry, Demaryius, Hogan, Gordon

I take this, right? I'm in the playoff hunt but not in control of my own destiny

4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

yes, thats a fair deal for you. You could certainly use the WR help and you have decent RB depth. Carr is whatever since you have Wentz.

5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

As a Michael Thomas owner, his floor is about as good as it gets in fantasy. He has not had a week-winning game, but he consistently puts up great numbers in PPR and is a target machine. Only thing that scares me on Thomas is that the Saints are going for the power run game with Ingram-Kamara and their blowout games have let them lean on the run to kill time even more...

6. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

Forgot to add earlier but it is PPR. Gonna take the deal, thanks to both.

7. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I have had the worst luck with QB's in one of my leagues this year. Lost a lot of my games because of the position. Started off drafting Jameis Winston and Andy Dalton as my QB's. Winston couldn't go week 1 because of hurricane, so I got a solid 1 point from Andy Dalton and still only lost by 1.8 points week 1. Week 6, Winston goes out and I get a solid 2.44 points from him, and lost by 0.44 points. Week 8, Winston said he's good to go, my dumbass trusts him, he goes out halfway through the game, gets me a solid 5.7 points, and I lose by 5.6 points. Week 10 I roll with Tyrod Taylor because he has a pretty decent matchup and is the best available QB, get a solid 3.94 points from him, and lose by a good amount of points that game, but would have had much more of chance that week had my QB just put up a good game.

So, for 4 weeks this season I got a combined 13.08 points from the QB position. I am now officially 3-7 in my own league. Like I said in a previous post. Need a miracle to make the playoffs and I have the 3rd most points in the league.

Needless to say, it's time to get crazy and I'm rolling with Bortles this week. If I win out and a few of the 5-5 teams lose out and some of the 4-6 teams lose out for the rest of the season I'll be the one person with the losing record to make it to the playoffs. We've had a team with a losing record make it every year this league has been going so that gives me a little hope.

However, I almost hope my wife beats me this week so there is absolutely no chance of me making it anymore. She's 1-9 so it'll probably happen this week with the luck I've been having.

8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yo, I've got DeAndre Hopkins, Michaal Thomas, Tyreek Hill, and Alshon Jeffery as my WR group. I've got 2 WR spots and a flex, standard PPR. Which do you bench? Thinking of leaving Jeffery out.

9. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

would you guys trade (my) Mckinnon for Diggs? 0.5 PPR

RBs: Gurley, Kamara, A. Morris, Perine
    WRs: Tyreek, Jordy, Parker, Kupp, C. Davis, Agholor

need an upgrade at WR badly.

10. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

thats tough but I think I might agree.

theagentcoma likes this.
  11. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Yes

12. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

1000%. I guess the health has become the big "if" for Diggs but in terms of pure upside you are making out like a bandit on this!

13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

ya, I was leaning towards doing it too. Mind you, I am the one proposing it so who knows if the other guy will accept, but all he has at RB is Dion Lewis and Jamaal Williams and he is loaded with WRs. In this league, NO ONE trades. I made it McKinnon and Jordy for Diggs and Aaron Jones (who I know is hurt but whatever)

14. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Jordy... :concerned:

Took a "risk" and jumped to take him fifth overall which was panning out to be good value prior to the AR injury. Terrible. Him and Rodgers have a brain link...he can catch it deep, he can catch it one yard out for a TD. And now he's basically droppable!

15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

yup, its so frustrating.

so far on this team, I have lost:

Spencer Ware
    Dalvin Cook
    Allen Robinson
    Tyler Eifert
    Jordy Nelson becoming shitty without Rodgers

and I am still 8-2 and headed for the bye. my lineup right now COULD BE:

Dak Prescott
    Todd Gurley
    Dalvin Cook
    Tyreek Hill
    Jordy Nelson or Allen Robinson
    Tyler Eifert
    Alvin Kamara

I'd never lose lol

16. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

My lineup in one league is

Brees
    Fournette
    Bell
    Michael Thomas
    Tyreek Hill
    Graham
    Jax D

and I am only 5-5

17. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Who’s on your bench? I’ve learned this year it is very very important to have depth for bye weeks and injuries.

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Need a #2 RB for PPR...pick one:

Dion Lewis @ OAK
    Rex Burkhead @ OAK
    Latavius Murray v. LAR
    Ameer Abdullah @ CHI
    Jamaal Willaims vs BAL

I'm leaning towards one of the top two....I have the Rams D so I don't want to play Murray, but he's getting a ton of volume and the rams D isnt great against the run fantasywise. But he's less valuable in a PPR

HALP ME

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Demarco Murray....cmon man! Ugh.

20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Last night was the first time this season I’ve had double digits from my kicker. Boswell had 19 to make up for JuJu’s 6 points.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I grabbed Jamaal Williams. Hopefully he has a solid outing.

22. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Sheesh Antonio Brown.

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Alfred Morris or Jamaal Williams for flex?

24. Williams. Eagles will wreck Morris.

25. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Still need help...I have Tom Brady so if Burkhead does score it’ll most likely be a double dip

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.