Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 Fantasy Football Discussion [Archived] Football • Page 86

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Deathco_019, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Picking up Tyler Lockett, who promptly broke his leg, instead of Thielen is what cost me my championship last year. He's just balancing out his 200 yard performance from week 16 last year

2. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I swear if I lose because of McKinnon’s goose egg

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

a mckinnon flop and thielen getting overthrown on a 55 yd touchdown is going to be my doom and christmas is ruined

4. ClarettsGreyGoose

26.7 points from the opponent's QB, flex and defense feels real good. Thank you Keenum and Murray for not having good games and Ravens D for putting up an average performance after a good run of really strong games (except the Steelers shootout)

5. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I figured McKinnon would have a low floor since he had a good game against them earlier this year, GUESS NOT.

6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Playing gurley/playing with gurley in both championship games has me messed up

7. ClarettsGreyGoose

....he has Gurley. Fuck me.

2015: Lose by 2.5 points when Blair Walsh drops 22.5 in a game.
    2016: Lose by 15 when I pick up and play Tyler Lockett, who broke his leg, over Adam Thielen, who posted 200 yards and 2 TDs.
    2017: Todd Gurley posts 33.5 in the first half.

GrantCloud likes this.
  8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Well once again my team just absolutely shit the bed. 55 combined points from Brady, Allen, Woods, Doyle, Lat. Murray, Freeman and Gustowsky.

Shockingly, I’m still up 5 with Martavius Bryant and Pitt D left. Opponent has Hyde, Ajayi and Boswell so I’ll still lose.

I could slide in Lamar Miller over Bryant or Philly D over Pitt but I think I’ll stand pat.

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Okay I’m up by 26 points. He still has Nuk and Le’Veon tomorrow. I have JuJu and Boswell. I’m pretty confident, but also know that both of those guys can go for 30. Projected to win by 10 right now. $900 winnings riding on it. $200 for loser.

10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I've got a 75 point lead and he's got Boswell, Cooper, Cook, and Foles. I think I should be ok...

11. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I need Martavis Bryant and the eagles defense to score a combined 12.55 points or less so I can win.

Don’t think I’m ending the season in 3rd place this year.

12. airik625 Dec 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 25, 2017)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

What a great Christmas present. I just won my league for the first time. Been playing for 11 years. $900. Man. What a great feeling.

What feels even better is I made all the right calls this week. Every player I had in my starting lineup outplayed my bench players. I even started two guys in my lineup this week I’ve never started before. Gillislee and Bortles.

13. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm in the championship for my fantasy league and I'm losing by 3 points right now. I have Alshon Jeffrey (who has been nonexistent all game) while my opponent has philly defense and Jake Eliott.

14. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Well I could have had $250. Fuck Foles and fuck Jeffrey

15. theagentcoma

I won for the first time in 10 years of fantasy so that's cool

What a very unfulfilling and emtpy feeling

16. ClarettsGreyGoose

Lost by 26. If he had literally any other RB but Gurley, I would have won. The 90's Bills 4-peat is complete boys and girls! Championship loser 2014-17

17. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I think Gurley just destroyed everyone. I lost the championship by 21 for that. Both of our teams were well below projections though. haha

Luckily, we have 14 teams, $10 in, and break it down 100-30-10 for 1st/2nd/3rd. So, eh, made $20.

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Didn't make title game this year, but 3 years prior I had been to the championship every year and only won once. I feel ya.

19. Drew Baldy

Trusted

If that’s really how you feel after 10 years you may have just learned fantasy football isn’t for you.

I’ve only been playing for 3 years now but I would have been pretty excited winning it.

20. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i got second in my friend's league that ended this week (played against gurley both weeks, so it was inevitable) and i will make like 50 dollars from that.

i still have one more week left of my work league and im beating the guy 155.4 to 109.3 (i have gurley in this league), if i win i get 200, im feeling pretty good going into the last week. but the dude also has ingram, green, michael thomas, graham, and hunt. so im still optimistic. haha

21. theagentcoma

Well the same guy has won it the past 3 years in a row and this year we all made it our mission to do anything to keep it from happening again. He had a bad season and didn't even make the playoffs so the hype died down after that lol.

I lied tho I am kinda excited

22. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

So with Gurley and ajayi likely sitting my tentative starting RBs this week are Peyton barber and Wayne gallman, lol

This is why 17 week leagues are dumb.

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I ended up losing my 3rd place game by 5 points. I sat Diggs for maybe just the 3rd time this season and instead picked up and started Martavious Bryant. Had I just stayed with Diggs I would have won by 1.

Story of both my leagues this year. Made playoffs in both leagues but continuously benched the wrong guys week after week. I’ve been playing for 10 years now and this year was by far my most frustrating year of fantasy - despite making playoffs. I’ve had shitty years before, but at least then it’s a ‘nothing I could have done’ type situation. I lost both leagues because I had too much talent and just made the wrong decisions over and over again. That’s frustrating.

24. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Mahomes gonna be waiver priority #1 and win someone the championship lmao

25. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Me and 3 of my friends have been doing a small weekly FanDuel draft where we put 5 bucks in and winner takes all. I’ve been doing pretty decent so I decided to try my hand at some DFS. Ended up winning 400 dollars and coming in 1st place in a 350 person tournament on Christmas Eve. So that kind of took the sting away from not winning my season long teams.

xbrokendownx likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.