Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017-2018 Fantasy Football Discussion [Archived] Football • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Deathco_019, Aug 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Deathco_019

Drummer

Hyde is gonna be tough to rely on week in and week out until Elliott returns. Also not sold on Ertz yet. Everything else looks pretty okay. Nelson and Allen as your top two WRs is awesome.

2. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

I think the reason I'm not feeling the team is because I went with a little bit of a swing for the fences attitude this year. After using a strategy of getting the safest picks and the most depth possible from the draft and dominating the league two years in a row and losing the championship both times in hilarious fashion, I decided to go for it.

Maybe Wilson and the Seattle O blows up this year. Maybe Zeke's suspension is postponed in the courts or reduced down to 2 or 3 games. Maybe Hyde is a beast in Shanny's O. Maybe Keenan Allen can stay healthy. Maybe Zach Ertz is a target sponge/security blanket/chain mover for Wentz with Jordan Matthews gone. Speaking of Matthews, maybe the Bills O won't be an abomination and he is a perfect fit for a west coast offense. If half of these things happen, I'll be okay.

I feel like I'm just as likely to go 10-3 as I am to go like 5-9

3. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'm all in on Wilson/Baldwin/Graham this year. I've been trying to get one of those players in each of my leagues. I think Seattle's offense is gonna continue to throw the ball more and more with their questionable OL and RBs. I love Allen for this year too. I don't know why exactly, maybe because I've been drinking some of the Chargers koolaid this offseason, but that dude's a monster when he's on the field. I like Hyde for this year too with Shanahan, but I'd rather have him as my RB2. Hyde did pretty well last year and I think he'll surprise people again this year.

4. ClarettsGreyGoose

I'm really banking on a less than 6 game suspension for Zeke. If something happens there, I just stole him and Nelson at #9 and #16

5. McCaffrey should be a monster in PPR right ?

6. Deathco_019

Drummer

I would draft him comfortably as my RB2 in ppr.

7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

My league is .5 PPR. Draft is tomorrow night and have fifth overall. I'm hoping to grab one of these guys in the second round (which be what, like 20 in a 12 team league?)

Jordan Howard
    Terelle Pryor
    Kareem Hunt
    T.Y. Hilton
    Brandin Cooks

Would love to have Carlos Hyde if he is still available in the third round.

Some other guys I would love to have:

Michael Crabtree
    Travis Kelce
    Martavis Bryant
    Rob Kelley

Backfields I don't want any part of:

Bengals
    Saints
    Patriots
    Colts
    Seahawks
    Packers

8. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Not really an opinion, but we have the same TE, K, and D haha

GrantCloud likes this.
  9. Deathco_019

Drummer

I am so completely out on Jordan Howard this year. In PPR, i'd go two WRs early in the first two rounds and then try to grab Ty Mont, Hunt, Hyde, McCaffery, or even Gurley or Crowell in the third and fourth rounds

10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Has anyone ever done the auction system for waiver wire claims? The people in my league are clamoring for it and we've never done it before.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

We've done FAAB and it works well...honestly in football it doesn't come into play nearly as often as it does in baseball. You'll prob get 2-4 big faab bid guys a year when starting RBs go down.

So are we all fading Big Ben in Week 1 since it's an away game, or rolling with him since its, ya know, Cleveland?

12. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I do FAAB every year, its the best. I hate waiver claims week to week...rewarding bad teams for being bad, basically. Where the team that just lost a major RB is willing to pay 50% of their budget to replace him, yet the 0-5 team will get him...

13. preppyak

Elite Supporter

12 team, .5ppr league, 2RB/2WR/1Flex

QB: Derek Carr
    RB: Gordon, Freeman, Lamar Miller, Kelley
    WR: Hopkins, Tate, Emmanuel Sanders, Tyrell Williams, Decker, Lockett
    TE: Ebron, McDonald

Gonna be hoping for a few WR injuries on other teams to eventually get one more RB (I dont see Kelley lasting all year as a reliable option)

14. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

You drafted Vance McDonald? Interesting

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I'm hoping him and zay jones can be sleepers for me as I think my weak point is receiver depth. Also I just have goff because it is a 2 QB league, haha.

16. Guys in my league gave shit for drafting Jack Doyle even though he isn't my starter.

theagentcoma likes this.
  17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm doing my work draft in half an hour, and it's a 12 person league. I'm pretty sure only half of them know what they are doing, this should be good.

18. theagentcoma

I really wanted to pick him up

Fuck You Aurora likes this.
  19. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

someone just drafted sam bradford in the first round.

20. ClarettsGreyGoose

I want to be in this league

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

the draft is just finishing up, i will post my team in a few. it is glorious.

22. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

work league draft complete

1 PPR

QB - Winston, Wentz
    RB - ajayi, gurley, dalvin cook, terrance west, doug martin, perine
    WR - Julio, jeffery, crowder, martavis bryant, corey davis
    TE - Eifert
    D - vikings
    K - santos

23. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Yeah, I want to be in this league

ClarettsGreyGoose likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

Yes, I remember the 1st time I ever played fantasy in 2007. I took Carson Palmer #1 overall and everyone laughed at me as LT was taken next lol

Learned a lot that year

GrantCloud likes this.
  25. Deathco_019

Drummer

Just finished my last draft for the season and I think I love this team more than any other team I have. 0.5 ppr.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
    RB: LeSean McCoy, Ty Montgomery, Danny Woodhead, LeGarrette Blount, Chris Thompson, Jamaal Charles
    WR: Doug Baldwin, Keenan Allen, Pierre Garcon, John Brown, Eric Decker, Cooper Kupp
    TE: Tyler Eifert, Julius Thomas
    D/ST: Texans

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.