Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 Summer Olympics (Archived) • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by HelloThisIsDog, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Love Laurie Hernadez on the gymnastics team. I'm really hoping they take her to all-around (though I read it was going to be Aly, Gabby, and Simone?)

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Simone and Aly will be competing in the individual AA. Laurie and Gabby will still be involved in the team all around final, though.

The dude sobbing next to Michael Phelps on the podium is totally me winning a medal.

3. Platy

Sam

Peaty destroyed the 100m breaststroke this Olympics. 3 fastest times ever, 1.5 secs faster than 2nd, only man ever under 58 seconds and he's done it 4 times (i believe). Amazing performance.

4. Platy

Sam

Road race is good but track is much better. Enjoy the road time trial too. Hoping GB can get close to their dominance on the track again.

5. cybele Aug 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 8, 2016)
    cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

6. Garrett

Chris Prindle and cybele like this.
  7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

A friend's sister was a diver at FSU and was training for the Olympics. She hit her head so hard once at practice that it took a long time to heal and she quit after that bc it scared her so bad. Can you imagine that devastation after devoting your entire life to something?

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv volleyball.

Schooner and AelNire like this.
  10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I was gonna tweet you about how much fun this is to watch. I like indoor better than beach.

11. St. Nate

beach players can be douches.

AelNire likes this.
  12. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I keep expecting a wardrobe malfunction in the women's beach volleyball. Those bathing suits are teeny tiny.

13. Platy

Sam

Surprised there's no wardrobe malfunctions in the diving.

Garrett L. likes this.
  14. St. Nate

nahhh. those aren't like normal bathing suits. you can't play beach volleyball well with normal bathing suits or bikinis or whatevs.

what's funny is that I know most of the men playing probably prefer playing shirtless.

AelNire likes this.
  15. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I wouldn't be comfortable having a wedgie the whole game haha

16. St. Nate

Anyway. Here's a how to on volleyball.

17. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

On the NBC Sports app it says Serbia be Australia basketball starts at 5:15 pm. Is it talking in Rio time since I'm in pacific standard?

18. St. Nate

I think they're playing already cause I caught some of that game.

19. Platy

Sam

The men's synchronised diving comp is insane. Less than a point separating 3 teams, big battle for 3rd place. Chinese are ridiculous.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Is there a significant pro volleyball league? I've got a few college games before (sometimes they play right before the Colorado Men's Basketball Team for free). I always love watching it during the Olympics.

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I just checked and that game is already finished despite it saying live and that it will start shortly on my tv. Weird.

22. St. Nate

There's AVP, which is beach volleyball's most prominent league in the US. That's really about it in the US.

There are professional clubs and leagues, but they're all foreign.

23. Dan CiTi

♎️♈️♌️ Prestigious

This Romanian #11 is so dreamy

24. Schooner

Trusted

There's actually some rule that the men and women need to be wearing a minimum amount on inchedge on their volleyball costumes. They literally make them wear the smallest possible

25. Garrett

Lilly King :heart:

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.