Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread [ARCHIVED] Hockey • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thechrisformat, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Hoping for a Caps-Panthers, Preds-Sharks final 4. I'd be so happy with any of those dudes winning it.

ClarettsGreyGoose and jkauf like this.
  2. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Order of preference:

Red Wings
    Panthers
    Stars
    Capitals
    Kings
    Islanders
    Wild
    Sharks
    Rangers
    Predators
    Blues
    Lightning
    Penguins
    Ducks
    Flyers
    Blackhawks

But really, just anyone but the Hawks.

Jim and kidwithhelmet like this.
  3. Alec Joy

Regular Prestigious

Was just gonna post this in the general NHL thread since it has nothing to do with the playoffs but it's been archived, so I guess here works.

Sabres improved year over year by 12 wins, 27 points, and an even 100 goals in goal differential from last season. It would be hard to be happier about the season went, especially considering the quantity of injuries to key players.

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait to fill out my bracket tonight

@jorbjorb remind the people where they can sign up!

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This is the only correct answer

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Kesler/Gibson/Ovi/Carlson/Backstrom only regulars not playing. Trotz sitting Holtby in favor of going for the record.

7. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

This, but also fuck everything about the Kings so much.

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

This is also a correct answer haha

9. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Kinda strange how so many here hate the Flyers.

I'm a homer so that plays a large part but I find them to be a fun team to watch with no real assholes on the squad....I know opposing fans don't like Simmonds but that's about it.

10. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I think it's just the general view on Philly sports as a whole

11. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Cause of the lazy narrative about booing Santa Clause? It seems like the microscope is hanging over Philly fans but it's just weird to me because these shitheads are everywhere. Philly just gets the attention because of the Santa Clause incident.

I mean, hate you who want and all that....I just don't really understand it.

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Flyers Twitter fanbase has the best moment in hockey during my time following the sport. The vine of the dude screaming at the birds about Andrew MacDonald's contract is still hilarious to this day.

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Go Preds! Who do you want to play in the first round? My thought is Anaheim probably, but regardless, I'm just happy it's not Chicago.

14. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I actually kind of want the Kings. I really don't care, but I think that would be a really fun series. Are you a Preds fan?

15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Hands!!!

17. CobraKidJon

Nhlflyera is one of my favorite Twitter follows in the hockey blogosphere. That last one ups the bird one easily.

18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Yeah! My sister lives up in Nashville, and I lived there for a summer a few years ago when I did a summer program at Vandy.

I was apathetic about hockey for a few years after the Thrashers left Atlanta, but after rooming with a couple huge hockey fans 5ish years ago, I adopted the Preds as my favorite hockey team and have never looked back! I normally try to take a trip or two up every hockey season to visit and catch a game.

19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Nice! So I assume you have been to Bridgestona Arena? It's one of the best professional venues I've been to and Nashville is really becoming a hockey city.

20. CobraKidJon

It's looking more like Sharks and Kings first round and I am pumped.

21. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't liked Philly since the early/mid 2000s. This was amazing though.

22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Yeah! I haven't been to too many sporting venues to compare, but I think it's one of the best pro fan experiences. The tickets are cheap, the arena is nice, I feel like it captures Nashville well (at least compared to the Titans games I've been to), and the on-ice product has been good for the past few years.

23. Ugh. Pittsburgh it is.

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I agree - totally love that place. I went to the opening playoff game against the Hawks last year, and it's the best live sporting event I've ever witnessed.

25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The current Flyers aren't bad, I just keep it going because I do enjoy the rivalry. But Simmonds does some scumbag shit, even more frustrating because he's a great player outside of it.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.