Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread [ARCHIVED] Hockey • Page 205

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thechrisformat, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

But what are we gonna do with the other 12 picks? :(

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

trade them for Roman Polak

Richter915 likes this.
  3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

if that is in any way feasible, I hope Shero is all over it

Bickell actually would probably play for the Devils, too. can't be worse than some of the 4th liners we had last year.

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Is there any benefit of keeping Shaw over Teuvo? I mean I get depth down the middle, but the Blackhawks have a knack for cycling out depth guys and falling ass backwards into effective plYers

5. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

Aleksi Saarela signed to a three-year ELC too, at $775,833 cap hit

The Las Vegas Hurricanes will be scary in a few years time.

6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

haha well its hitch's last season regardless so i guess well see.

cubsml34 likes this.
  7. How has he looked as a prospect?

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Someone create a new thread for the 2016-17 season and I'll close this one later tonight.

9. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

this isn't a dig at the penguins but I was re-watching the game and it was hilarious the commentators mentioned "Crosby has been waiting 7 years for this moment." I just found it hilarious considering two guys on the other side have been waiting 18 years for that moment and may never see it but oh man 7 years is a lot especially if he already won one.

Micool1 likes this.
  10. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

He was originally drafted 89th overall last year by NYR and was a PPG player at the WJC, leading Finland to gold alongside Aho, Laine, etc. The year before, he had 8 points in 7 games when Finland won silver. That's the only exposure I've had to him, but he's looked pretty good around kids his age. A line of Sebastian Aho, Aleksi Saarela and Tyson Jost (maybe) is going to be damn good.

This is from Elite Prospects:

11. Chris Yates likes this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Eh I think Shaw is overrated really, whereas Teuvo has potential to become a solid 2nd liner. He didn't break out this season like expected, but he was shuffled around all over the lineup and will only be 22 when the season starts. Hawks have guys like Hartman who can come in and do a Shaw-like job for way less and hopefully not be as big of a dumb ass. Doesn't discount what Shaw has done in the two Cups he's been a part of at all, but when you look at the guys we had to let go who have similar aggregate impacts as him (Frolik, Boland, etc), it's time really.

13. cryates Jun 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 14, 2016)
    cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.