Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread [ARCHIVED] Hockey • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thechrisformat, Apr 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

He's played here longer than she has been alive. He chose to keep her in Russia. He signed the contract. It's one year.

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to have a lot of sympathy for the guy in this situation, as I would any other pro athlete. You're able to compete, and you put pen to paper, so play. He's going to be 38, not 60. I don't like the babying of athletes and never have. This franchise has paid the guy millions of dollars to play hockey over the years, and now he's going to willingly to fuck their cap situation next year over a contract that he chose to sign? Give me a break. There are players who would never do that to a team.

2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

As much as we like antagonizing each other I would love if the Perds sent the Kings or Ducks packing in the first round. Mostly Kings, but Ducks because of Kesler and Perry.

3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yes! I'm sensing that everyone who is not a LA/ANA fan wants that to happen.

4. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Can we have Pulkinnen if we take Datsyuk's contract?

5. Brandon Allin

100%.

(I don't think Pulkkinen is going to be a great NHL-er :tear:)

RobbieBerns likes this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Hey guys don't forget the Sharks are in the playoffs also

we exist too despite everyone picking against us

7. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

You guys are my team in the West pretty much every playoffs.

8. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think any one of us can say that he CHOSE to keep her in Russia. We don't know what the relationship was like with his first wife or how custody played out. The fact is that he's apparently been wanting to head home since 2012 to the country where his daughter lives, to the country he learned to play in and where he wants to play one last meaningful season. If he was chasing money or a Stanley Cup, I would completely agree with you, but dude has been more than loyal to the organization, he's spent 15/16 years with Detroit. How rare is that? Hockey is a business, yeah, but family is family.

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I would love to see the Sharks in the 2nd round. Probably my #2 team in the west tbh.

10. Brandon Allin

This is exactly what doesn't sit well with me. The alternative was to not sign the contract.

11. KBradley

the earth is not a cold dead place.

Go Flyers.

12. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

That's the worst decision you could possibly make just because of the heart break.

I would love to play you guys but Rinne hates us and he probably sweep us by himself.

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

Kesler and Perry will gladly send your ass packing >-p

14. lordjedediah

N00b3

If the Kings get bounced by the Preds, I'm not happy but I'm ok with it.

If the Kings get bounced by the Sharks, I'm less happy but I'm ok with it in a weird way. If the Kings knock out the Sharks...yikes.

If the Kings get bounced by the Ducks, I'll cry.

15. cherrywaves

Trusted

Rooting for Sharks (Jumbo 4ever), Caps (cuz Ovi), and Pens oddly (would love Phil to get a cup so Boston media implodes). Even Panthers would be awesome. Just not the Hawks please (sorry Cubs)

jkauf likes this.
  16. MexicanGuitars

Lol understandable B. I'm visitng Boston next weekend and am going to be decked out in Hawks apparel to rub it in even more ;-p

As far as who I'm rooting for besides the Hawks, I find a lot to like in the East including Caps (Ovi), Panthers (Jagr, Campbell), Isles (Leddy) and even kinda the Rags (Raanta, not Stalberg or Hayes lol)

Probably have the most sympathy amongst the Stars, Sharks, and Perds in that order in the West, everyone else can burn.

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Awwww :heart:

18. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

As a hockey fan, Datsyuk leaving after this year is a huge bummer. Guess I can catch some KHL games if he plays there....

19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

@stevesilva
    Hearing rumor that Providence College Friars coach Nate Leaman will be the man to replace Claude Julien in Boston.

Doesn't the guy need to be fired first? Lol

Richter915 likes this.
  20. Tampa is usually my team when the Sabres are out bc well Stamkos. Talk about injuries though...still gonna pull for them, but yikes. In the West, it would be so cool to see Nashville. Love Rinne and RyJo.

Chris Yates likes this.
  21. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

My take on the Datsyuk business: he's going to be with his daughter, so if you're gonna be indignant with anyone, make it her. Kids are the fucking worst.

22. MexicanGuitars

Lol you ass, keep it up and I'll never say anything remotely positive about the Preds again

Chris Yates likes this.
  23. cherrywaves

Trusted

Haha excellent I'll be on the lookout for a guy in the Rob Scuderi Hawks jersey

cubsml34 likes this.
  24. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Go Stars, let's do this thing

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Looking forward to a repeat of last year's late collapse by the Bolts. Oh well, it's an even year so that means the Kings are winning anyway.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.