Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NFL Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 8

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Todd McShay just said pacsum lunch is a less developed osweiler... What

2. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Todd McShay is a less developed man.

dpatrickguy and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  3. Night Channels

Trusted

Absolutely nothing wrong with that comparison. They are very similar. Lynch is more athletic, but they have similar physical traits - size, arm strength, etc.

4. Whatjuliansaid

Its not that part, lynch started for almost three years and osweiler played one season right? That's why I dont get it. Also osweiler sat behind Peyton, might be worse if he didn't. flacco/osweiler comparisons do make some sense otherwise. The development part is what confused me.

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Lynch started 3 seasons in college, while Osweiler started 2 and played half of the other 2, plus now has NFL experience. I think he's comparing Lynch to college Osweiler entering the draft, not NFL Osweiler.

6. Trotsky

Trusted

Of course the NFL Draft is going to be the weekend before the start of finals.

What are the chances Billings makes it to 27? He's my favorite guy for the Packers this year. Wouldn't hate Ragland. Could be okay with Reed or Austin Johnson. Any problems with those guys?

7. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I would say about 0, barring some real crazy trades up. Id find it hard for him to make it past the Redskins, but if he does, the Steelers would probably take him. He's been going in the 14-18 range in a lot of mocks

8. Night Channels

Trusted

It depends on how the teams ahead of them value Jarran Reed.

9. Trotsky

Trusted

Well fuck me

10. Whatjuliansaid

I'm watching that ESPN mock draft and they mentioned character concerns for vh3... What? I even Googled it and didn't see anything bad about him as a person.

11. He's a gator so...

12. Trotsky

Trusted

For whatever reason, Hargreaves reminds me a great deal of Odell Beckham as a prospect. Talented, fiery, modestly sized, with a good amount of swagger.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  13. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Seen a bunch of different rumors on twitter over the past week or so that he may have been the guy that failed a drug test at the combine. Who knows if its true but its something that has been floating out there.

14. Whatjuliansaid

I feel like if it was it would've been reported by a well credited source *shrugs*

15. Before the release of Norman I had Derrick Henry, Hunter Henry, Corey Coleman as the guys I thought the Panthers were targeting at #30. Now I'd have to think CB is going to be examined much closer. Ramsey, VH3, Alexander, Jackson, Apple are the only guys I'd take in the first round. Alexander is the only one from that bunch we've reportedly met with.

I'd be willing to bet Gettleman trades up in the second round again to get one of his guys.

16. Whatjuliansaid

I doubt all those corners go in the 1st but I guess it's possible, that's just how this draft is.

17. Ideal scenario for me is to get Alexander at 30 then trade up for one of the Henrys in the second.

18. Whatjuliansaid

Willie Henry?

19. Derrick or Hunter

Willie is good though

20. Whatjuliansaid

Oh, wasn't even thinking hunter would be there that late. Feels like hell go top of the 2nd if not in the 1st, even fleener went that high haha it'll take a lot to trade that high

21. I have no clue where he'll go tbh

22. Whatjuliansaid

Hunter Henry? Probably 1st round teens to top of the 2nd. If he falls past SD and SF than he might fall a bit and you can probably get up there for not a ton.

23. Night Channels

Trusted

I think he'll go in the early 20s like Eifert did

24. patrickhowell

... Supporter

Nick Vannett will be good value in the middle rounds, and Carolina seems to love Buckeyes.

25. Night Channels

Trusted

Vannett won't necessarily be a bad pick in the third round or later, but I feel like he's very overrated because of the weak position group. I think he's more an in-line player that should honestly go in the fifth or so.

Ohio State doesn't feature the tight end, so I can't knock his production. Off the top of my head, aside from Aaron Hernandez, who was an exceptional athlete, not many of Urban Meyer's tight ends have done well in the NFL.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.