Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NFL Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 7

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

He played a lot while healthy and wasn't good. I really don't care if you disagree with that, it's a fact. If you have an irrational enjoyment of bowers its fine, it's not for me to tell you who to like.

2. Night Channels

Trusted

No, it's not. The injury impacted his ability. That's all I'm saying.

Just because he played doesn't mean he was fully healthy. He has serious knee problems.

3. Night Channels

Trusted

What does this even mean? It has nothing to do with liking or disliking a player.

Bowers has serious knee issues. It's why he fell in the draft and it played a huge part in why he's already out of the league.

4. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Bowers was never truly "healthy" after having microfracture surgery, evidenced by the fact that he needed another surgery on the same knee a couple years later. The knee issues certainly derailed his career.

5. Pretty good article on Nkemdiche, and the draft process in general.

Doesn't completely convince me that he is worth the risk, but it does point out the ridiculousness of the draft process.

Should NFL teams worry about Robert Nkemdiche?

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Similar to what Sean Spence dealth with with the Steelers. He's definitely not playing in 2016. He may not even be 100% by 2017.

He definitely fell because of health concerns. And I would say it was constant injuries more than bad play that hurt him as a pro.

But its a good cautionary tale where (along with a dozen other guys), a major injury with these complications coming out of college should probably mean you dont go on Day 1 or 2. Take that guy in the 4th or 5th, and nobody really cares if he flames out after 3 years.

7. Whatjuliansaid

Too bad the Steelers dont have those late picks

8. I want him on the Panthers.

9. Whatjuliansaid

Wow, lacy really shed those pounds.

10. Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  11. Whatjuliansaid

Damn, he looks so small. Especially next to Henry who's jacked as hell haha at least if Henry doesn't work out well in football he could be a fitness model

12. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

I thought that was Terrell Suggs at first glance. The dude is massive.

13. Hunter Henry appears to be a target for Panthers at #30.

14. Whatjuliansaid

Kiper is funny

15. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

His picks for the Bears were complete shit.

16. Whatjuliansaid

That's what he do

17. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

hmmmm

18. Whatjuliansaid

Doesn't surprise me, really depends who goes where and who gets stuck not being able to trade out though lol

19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

my prediction for Miami's pick: one of Ezekiel Elliott, Vernon Hargreaves, or William Jackson will be a Phin next Thursday night

20. Whatjuliansaid

Unless they trade up...

21. Night Channels

Trusted

Tony Pauline is doing his best to sandbag Mackensie Alexander.

He's done this before with Tyrann Mathieu and Vontaze Burfict. You know what that means? Alexander will be an All-Pro.

22. Whatjuliansaid

Tony Pauline, evil mastermind

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

To be fair, Burfict did just cost his team a playoff game in the most public and embarassing fashion possible, while also head-hunting one of the leagues marquee players. And his build up to the draft was....a clusterfuck. Pauline was far from the only one saying he was a potential bust (Mayock was all over him).

Funny part about Burfict is he panned out basically exactly like most draft reports had him. Talented starter who was gonna be a headache and draw lots of penalties. 4 years of starting later and he's got 7 fines and a suspension.

24. patrickhowell

... Supporter

25. Whatjuliansaid

Were currently discussing the whole bonanza on the NFL season thread bud

patrickhowell likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.