Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NFL Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Family Friendly Rap God

I've been reading that as well. I would prefer a CB,OT, or DE but Gettleman always goes BPA.

2. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Billings is who I really want the Bills to take. The thought of them giving Marcell Dareus a $100 million contract and then making him play the nose in a 3-4 makes me irrationally angry. Billings would allow them to use Dareus as a 5 tech

3. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Well I mean it's possible rex Ryan might not make it to that point

4. ClarettsGreyGoose

To the draft?

5. Whatjuliansaid

6. ClarettsGreyGoose

Yeah, but Dareus' extension kicks in starting in 2016. So playing him as a nose this season is already a waste of a huge investment.

7. Whatjuliansaid

Right, just saying that could always change. Not disagreeing.

8. ClarettsGreyGoose

Thats the nice thing about Dareus is that he's able to play in either scheme. But right now, as long as Rex is here, I want nothing to do with him making $100 mil to be a space eater at NT. I want him making plays

9. Moritz Boehringer is holding another open workout Friday due to the amount of interested from teams. Apparently too many teams wanted to meet with him and he couldn't schedule all of them. So he's doing another pro-day type workout for everyone.

10. Night Channels

Trusted

Boehringer could be the player that Matt Jones was supposed to be.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  11. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Damn them German's certainly like their tunnel screens...

12. patrickhowell

... Supporter

Goff is tested against better competition. He's the safest bet, but that doesn't necessarily make him the best QB in the draft.

13. Night Channels

Trusted

I thought Jared Goff was the best QB prospect in college football before the season started. Cardale Jones is the only one that comes close in this class.

Again, this is just my opinion. Throwing SOS and level of competition out the window, Goff is still miles ahead of Wentz mechanically.

14. patrickhowell

... Supporter

Elliott's not quite the ball carrier that Gurley is, but he's a better player overall. His skills as a pass blocker and check down receiver make him the ideal 3-down back. G-men have some other needs too. If Zeke isn't available at #10 maybe they'll have a chance at Ronnie Stanley or an elite pass rushing talent like Noah Spence.

15. patrickhowell

... Supporter

Goff is probably the only one worth using a top-10 pick on, but Wentz, Lynch, Doughty, etc all have the physical tools, high ceilings, and potential to develop into better QBs in the long run.

16. Night Channels

Trusted

I just disagree with that, especially with Brandon Doughty having better physical tools and a higher ceiling than Jared Goff.

17. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

"physical tools, high ceilings, and potential" are these not just three different ways to say the same thing?

18. patrickhowell

... Supporter

Pretty much

19. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Steelers ore draft visits and meetings seem to be focused on cornerbacks, safeties, d-linemen, and late round quarterbacks.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  20. patrickhowell

... Supporter

You're absolutely right. I revisited Doughty's measurables & I guess I was totally blinded by his 2015 production.

21. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

um

22. patrickhowell

... Supporter

To which team? I wouldn't be surprised to see Docston or Coleman drafted before Treadwell... but Fuller?

23. Whatjuliansaid

Hmmm... I mean I don't hate fuller at all but I just can't see a fo being that dense. I honestly think someone just threw that out there hoping he would make it known though.

24. Browns taking Fuller at 2 confirmed.

Swoos likes this.
  25. I remember reading awhile back that Treadwell could slip a little. Not sure why. It'd be a miracle if he made it to 30 so I'm not even getting my hopes up.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.