Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NFL Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Night Channels, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Night Channels

Trusted

Isn't CarpetElf a Jaguars fan too?

2. We need someone who will be around enough to keep the front page updated. Would you be able to do that?

3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Ha, I think somebody can pick up the Jags if he doesn't. The question would be who wants to put together the intricate first post that Randall created at AP.

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'd consider. How many rounds are we talking? 3?

5. Night Channels

Trusted

6. We usually just go until it dies. Last time we got through 4. Goal is 7 which could be obtainable with a smaller group of guys who are dedicated to getting it done. Taking multiple teams and stuff.

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

8. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I got u guys...I'll create the thread and we'll get it rolling...probably going to take awhile to select teams and what not.

We need to decide rounds now though. I think people are going to get disinterested if we go all 7. 3 or 4 at the most...

9. Night Channels

Trusted

We already did a short mock draft. The plan all along was the try to make it all 7 rounds. If people lose interest, then we can just pick up the slack and get it done.

Appreciate you setting everything up.

10. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Mock draft thread is here. Please read first post :-)

11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I don't get that. Everyone seems to mock Wentz to the Browns, but the coaching staff seems much more interested in Goff.

12. Night Channels

Trusted

Goff is clearly the best, in my opinion. He's the highest rated QB for me since Luck. There's really nothing bad about his game.

13. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Everyone's mocking Pittsburgh to take a WR early... They have so many other needs on defense, there's no way they should address it until their 6th round pick. Their receiver corps is still above average, even without Bryant.

14. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Yeah. I really like Goff. If Hue approves, I'm good with the selection. I wouldn't argue with Tunsil or Ramsey though.

15. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I think a lot of teams are trying to pretend they aren't in on Goff when most are. Gotta bs the press, ya know? Wentz will probably be picked high too, not saying he won't.

16. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

I'm very high on Goff, but I buy that teams might not be. Teams care about stupid things sometimes like being a "winner" in college, hand size, "skinny knees," *elite* arm strength, etc.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  17. preppyak

Elite Supporter

alright, after seeing this, I want Andrew Billings in round 1 most of all

18. JRShoenberger

Trusted

From what I heard, Tomlin and Colbert seemed really into him at his proday. Fingers crossed.

19. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

is Billings the youngest player in the draft?

he just turned 20 last month

20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

As a Giants fan, I just want Zeke Elliot. I don't care if we have to trade up for him. Not taking Gurley when he was sitting there last year needs to be corrected immediately.

21. Whatjuliansaid

lol

• Mod Warning: We really want there to be more depth the commenting than this here.
  22. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

Officially at Florida Atlantic's pro day, Boehringer ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash, had a vertical of 39 inches, a 10-foot-11 broad jump, a 4.10-second short shuttle, 11.15-second 60-yard shuttle, and a 6.65-second three-cone drill that had scouts on the ground doing double-takes at their stopwatches, shaking their heads, and laughing....Boehringer did it at a height-weight combo (he measured 6-4 1/2 and 227 pounds on Thursday

The fuck.

23. Whatjuliansaid

He's a monster. Can't wait till Brady throws him up every other snap, ugh

24. Family Friendly Rap God

I'm really curious about what Carolina is going to do. We had a great year but we have some holes.

25. I have a strong feeling we will pick Derrick Henry if he's available at pick 30.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.