Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NBA Playoffs Thread [ARCHIVED] Basketball • Page 395

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by cryates, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Then you're an idiot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

collin512 likes this.
  3. So cool that each of the big 3 had such huge moments at the end. Kev d'ing up Steph, The Shot, The Block

Jason Tate and Michael Schmidt like this.
  4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I do want to acknowledge a lot of out of town love from people. It's really cool to see past and current players and owners reaching out with kind words. What a fun ride it's been. I can't wait to see how massive the turnout is for the parade. There were tons of people at the airport this afternoon. That was a nice appetizer.

5. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

Super unnecessary, but alright.

mrgenious and slimfenix182 like this.
  7. Apparently just minor damage downtown and like five arrests last night. That's honestly pretty impressive.

8. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

any word on the firetruck?

9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Good lord, that block.

10. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Kind of surprised, but kind of not surprising because I didn't even know what to do with myself.

11. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

No logical argument to Kyrie getting MVP over Lebron...not with how James played in the last 3 games. Didn't know Skip Bayless was a chorus.fm member!

12. williek311

I'm so happy for JR Smith. His start to the second half was so clutch. The game could've easily kind of slipped away as the lead ballooned to double digits but he came out on fire. Oh man so much love.

Schooner, Jason Tate and gonz (Alex) like this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Whoa, that JR interview :verysad:

Schooner, T.K. and Michael Schmidt like this.
  14. williek311

15. Not even a Cavs fan but I might get that shirt

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  16. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Billyboatman is probably skip bagless in disguise

17. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i mean that shot obviously clinched it, but there wouldn't be a game seven without lebron. so.

18. Jason Tate Jun 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2016)
    The 7 games where one player led in literally every major statistical category for both teams and culminated in only the third triple double in Game 7 history behind one of the greatest finals performances of all time while averaging 30/11/9? Uh.

Schooner likes this.
  19. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Damn. What a crazy 24 hours. Last night was just the epitome of how supportive we are of our city and our teams. As long as I live, I will never forget everything about last night. It still feels so surreal and the energy of everyone downtown today was just amazing. Even prouder that the city put on a good display in the celebrations too. No destruction; just pure euphoria for tens of thousands in the heart of the city.

LeBron is just the GOAT. For everything he's given us on the court, he's done ten fold off the court. To live with what's been put on his back since he was 16 and to finally see it come to fruition last night was just such an emotional rush, especially in the face of such unlikely odds.

Man, do I love Cleveland.

20. iam1bearcat

you know what's weird. if Cleveland were to have a little run / dynasty thing, i don't think they would turn into the heel or villain like it seems most dynasty's eventually turn into. i think they would stay face (wrestling terms people, look 'em up) since it's Cleveland and LeBron and Kyrie.

Schooner likes this.
  21. iam1bearcat

also, speaking of heels/villains, it seems like most people believe Pat Riley was one of the people who told LeBron going back to Cleveland would be a huge mistake / he would never accomplish anything there. really sucks he said that, but at the same time you have to love it because it's so Pat Riley.

Schooner likes this.
  22. astaticvendetta2

such a sad day for us bay fans.

23. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

As a clevelander born and raised, the finals are still making me be all like :D

Schooner likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.