Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NBA Playoffs Thread [ARCHIVED] Basketball • Page 391

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by cryates, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  2. The comeback. The block. The shot.

You deserve it all!!

All the names. All the drinks. All of it.

3. I didn't watch with audio so I don't know what exactly was going on, but I think my favorite parts of the game (and the series) were Lebron letting Curry know who's the best after a big play. Call it arrogant. I don't care. It was awesome.

Michael Schmidt and Jason Tate like this.
  4. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Skip Bayless is the Anthony Ronald McDonald of sports pundits.

Edit: Holy shit I didn't know it would change that @Jason Tate, hahahahaha

Now my post makes no sense

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. williek311

Witnessed.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  7. If I didn't have to work tomorrow I'd go welcome the team home. But I have to go in so I can tell them there's no way I'm coming in Wednesday.

Jason Tate likes this.
  8. williek311

I wonder if they'll have the Lebron statue up in time for the parade...

Jason Tate and Jose like this.
  9. I want a statue of that JR to Bron oop from last game

DarkHotline, Zilla and Jason Tate like this.
  10. jrock920

Regular

HAHAHA fuck the warriors overrated pieces of shit's

11. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Ronald McDonald F A N T A N O changing automatically is my favorite feature on chorus.fm

12. williek311

I hate adidas for making such trash t-shirts. I gotta wear this shit man.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Just now seeing a replay of the block. Holy shit.

elphshelf and Jason Tate like this.
  14. jrock920

Regular

and the lebron haters need to step back he a fantastic finals and cement his legacy as a top 5 player of all time

15. God just watched the block on Steph again too. Insane defensive plays. Just insane.

16. Collins

Trusted

I almost teared up for Lebron. I'm so happy for him and Cleveland. I was a huge Lebron hater when he was in Miami but I have a lot of respect for the guy now and I'm so proud of them for going into Oracle and winning the championship they deserved. Already can't wait for next year!

Michael Schmidt, Jason Tate and FTank like this.

18. That sign tho

19. Not sure if this one has been posted yet but it's incredible so I don't care:

Lebron has led the finals in scoring 4 years in a row.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

What a game 7. What a series. I was watching downtown and it was so crazy. From running across the Detroit bridge to find a spot to watch the game to standing in the lobby of the Westin where a staff was clearly not prepared, it was incredible. Our group went to an apartment downtown to watch the second half and boy was I pacing and pounding the water. I could not allow myself to think about winning. When the clock hit trip goose eggs, we all sprinted into the Gateway district where a community celebrated as one. Cop on duty, drunk party goer, black, white, yellow, orange, whatever. We all hugged and high fived and released the biggest sigh of relief as a community. It still hasn't fully hit me yet. Thank you, Cavs. Thank you, Gilbert & company, and thank you to all of the Clevelanders that showed up in a big way.

22. Lebron's kids are angels. His daughter is stupid adorable.

imthesheriff and Jason Tate like this.
  23. it was nice to witness the greatest three game finals stretch by the greatest player ever.

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Unreal series, congrats to all the Cleveland fans in here!!

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  25. Dodger Jun 20, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2016)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Wow. I'm only running 1.5 hours of sleep. I can't believe it. Was in Cleveland till 3:30. Its so fucking surreal. Everything. The drought (even though i wasn't a sports fan until around the late 90s with the Indians when I went to games when i was 8-9 years old). The misery. The let downs. The doubt. The pessimists. The naysayers (including myself). The Warriors coming back against OKC and people saying there was no chance now. Going down 3-1. It coming down to the last minute It all made it indescribably sweeter. If we were doing this, no better way than coming back from a low place that nobody has ever come from. A feat nobody has ever accomplished. Against the best regular season team ever. David just beat goliath. Favorite team ever. No matter where Lebron is among peoples personal ranks, I think he should be unequivocally the #1 Cleveland sports hero forever and ever because he was the Chosen One, left, came back, and lead a team to end the Curse. He went to the dark side, came back to the light, and bring balance to the fucking force. Darth Lebron. I don't even know what I'm saying right now.

All the drama that happened is now nugatory. We are fucking champions. We had a 52 year of a tension building and its finally been fucking released and the whole city was just one big session of epic catharsis. I honestly didn't know what to do. After the initial reaction of chaotic cheering and jumping and hugging everybody in your vision of sight You don't really know how to react. Gah. I started interviewing a bunch of people and many older people and the tears and stories of what they went through and their reactions to finally being a winner.

Greatest day of my fucking life. So many tears. Only sucky thing is my grandpa died a couple weeks ago and couldn't witness this.

I was on Ap.net more (i wasplaysw/squirels), but @Blimp City Hero . @gonz (Alex) . @williek311 . and all the other cleveland sports fans here that I talked to on here over the years I give you a cyber-hug. WE FINALLY FUCKING DID IT. WE ARE CHAMPIONSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.