Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NBA Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Basketball • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Yet I ask... Who or what are they getting? That's the most interesting part about it lol what team is willing to trade their star and start allover?

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

@Whatjuliansaid who knows. But Ainge has always been successful at making deals. I am not going to say they put together a new big 3. What I am confident in saying is that given the team's placement, they will improve this year and next to the point they will be who the Cavs fear the most in the East. Just looking at the landscape as a Cavs fan, that is the team I am most weary of moving forward.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Can't wait for the Bulls to win the lottery tonight! jk :tear:

In our likely landing spot of 14, I would take Timothe Luwawu. Dude has potential to be a huge steal in this class.

4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Sub

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

I feel like you watch foreign ball more than anyone in our threads. Can he do anything other than shoot?

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

He's a pretty solid defender for one, so at the very least he can turn into an elite 3 and D guy. But he's also shown pretty solid passing instincts and has a very quick first step. The one area he needs to focus the most on is his handle. Not awful by any means, but it definitely holds him back when he tries to attack off the dribble. That and strength, but like most guys that should come when put in an NBA strength program.

7. Whatjuliansaid

That reminds me of Evan Fournier for some reason, I remember his handle being so bad when he came in and no one thought he would be a 1st rounder either. Now hes probably getting close to max lol hopefully this lawulu or however you spell it is that good for someone that lets him develop and its not just a team trying to replicate gsw by reaching.

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

murray or dunn plz

9. Whatjuliansaid

Jamaal Murray right?

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, i think if we stay in the top 5 either one are going to be there.

11. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

the Knicks don't even have 1 pick?

that is amazing

12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Wait why did I sub I don't know any of these players I watched like two college games all year how are you guys getting foreign games I don't even have cable damn

Please post YouTube highlight mixtapes along with each name mentioned, much appreciated

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i don't know much about dragan bender, is he supposed to come over this fall or would it be a year or two before he eventually does?

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

He's on contract with his current club for a few more years, but the buyout is supposed to be pretty manageable so I think it's likely we see him next season. Maybe he stays over for a year at most.

15. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

how much can teams contribute to buyouts? isn't it like 750,000?

16. Whatjuliansaid

I think you can always buy a guy out, its more up to the player to not take a ridiculous contract so a team cant buy them out (saric)

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

@GrantCloud They can contribute $650,000. The rest is on the player. Although, when not subject to the rookie wage scale, the NBA team can incorporate the remaining sum into the players contract.

GrantCloud and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  18. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

Retweet if you miss Dan Gilbert's kid at the lottery every year

GrantCloud and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  19. MrRobot

#illuminati #conspiracy

20. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

We appreciate that. I hate the Lakers with a passion, but they didn't deserve that nightmare of a player.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  21. Whatjuliansaid

If only it loaded on my phone... Lol

22. MrRobot

He deleted it lol

It was Mutombo congratulating the Sixers on getting the #1 pick

Turkeylegz and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  23. Whatjuliansaid

Bahahaha

Where are our sixers fans though? I guess they'll show up later when they dont get no.1 again and then disappear.

24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i have this weird feeling we either move up to like 2, or fall to 7. haha.

25. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

In the fetal position hoping the last three years don't culminate in the Sixers picking Jamal Murray and two Euro guys. Thanks for asking.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.