Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 NBA Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Basketball • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Most people have him as a backend of the 1st

2. Whatjuliansaid

Lottery day!!!

3. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

zero knicks picks yet again so no cares given here

curious to see where LA ends up though

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  4. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Hoping LA has to surrender their top pick.

TheWater(s) and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

Rooting against the raptors getting a good pick 4ev tho. #divisionsaredumbandstillexist

6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I hope LA does NOT have to surrender their pick! It's time to make LA great again!

7. Michael Schmidt

You are from Cleveland. You are rooting for the wrong team lol.

Whatjuliansaid and Turkeylegz like this.
  8. Whatjuliansaid

They already have the clippers for that...

9. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

10. Whatjuliansaid

He said make la great again

La clippers are pretty great..

I mean compared to the Lakers lol

11. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Celtics fans bracing for Calamity

12. Turkeylegz

Trusted

My family all know I love basketball and buy me Cavs shirts. I have so many! I didn't start watching basketball until Lebron left and I've always just seen him as the enemy. Some of my favorite basketball memories were rooting against his Heat. That being said, I would love Cleveland to win over Golden State and basketball is way more fun when Lebron is involved. There are also "basketball reasons" for why I don't want Dan Gilbert to win (all in good fun, I love this city)

13. Whatjuliansaid

Cant wait till the suns and wolves get 1 and 2 lol

14. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Shhh.....you mean Celtics get the 1 right? Right? Please? I'm begging here.

15. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Wolves bout to tear this league up in 2-3 years. A high pick would only make it worse!

16. Michael Schmidt

Very interested in watching Boston this off-season. They are going to make a big signing or a big setup trade. This summer and next are big for Boston. I fully expect them to be aggressive and sell high on some of their assets to position themselves against the Cavs. It's a great time to be a Celtic fan.

17. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I hope the Celtics don't wind up with Dwight Howard. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

18. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I don't think Minny needs more rookies at this point. They have a great core in place. Now it's time to cash in and get some really solid veterans around this group

Trade the pick for a solid veteran and throw some cash at an even better one and keep on building. They already have their building blocks in Wiggins/Towns/Lavine

Turkeylegz likes this.
  19. Whatjuliansaid

Ainge and Wyz have been really smug about it in the media, almost like they're maniacally laughing in everyone's face. That's the only reason I hope they dont get it. I also don't get why horsnwaggle isn't their lottery representative.

20. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I'm not a Dwight fan but I still think he can be highly productive. Certainly not worth max money anymore but I think he would be pretty good in Boston and help solidify that interior defense and on the boards.

But I said the same thing when he went to Houston and that turned out to be a pretty awful move so what the fuck do i know

Turkeylegz likes this.
  21. Michael Schmidt

So many teams are trying to figure out their identity and make transitions while the Warriors, Spurs, and Cavs cruise. There is so much opportunity to slip into that conversation. I fully expect Ainge to capitalize on these market conditions. That's not even including the cap surge the next two seasons.

Turkeylegz likes this.
  22. Whatjuliansaid

If dwight messes up Celts fans will CRUSH him... CRUSH him like a bug

Turkeylegz likes this.
  23. Turkeylegz

Trusted

It'd give me a good reason to hate this iteration of the Celtics, they are just too darn hard not to cheer for and I hate that! That being said, maybe without a Kobe or Harden type, Dwight may actually succeed.

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Wolves with 1,2, or 3!

25. Michael Schmidt

Beyond Pop, everything I read gives me the impression Brad Stevens is the next most respected active coach. Kerr is probably up there as well. The Celtics have the ownership and front office, the cap space, the picks, the coaching, and the legacy. I think it's about to get real in Boston again.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.