Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 MLB Season Thread Baseball • Page 6

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

Wharf Rat and schlotty like this.
  2. the Brewers are going to be awful yet this is the most excited I've been for the franchise in years

Wharf Rat likes this.
  3. Goose Gossage is a piece of shit

Bryce Harper rules

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Freddie and Chelsea Freeman's baby announcement:

schlotty and stnewton like this.
  5. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Aw awesome for them. Freddie has always come off as a genuinely good dude and he deserves mucho happiness.

6. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm kind of emotional watching the Bravos spring game rn and Simmons isn't with us. :brokenheart:

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I remember several years ago when Simmons was coming up I get blistered on ap for saying he would be a great shortstop and would make the team at the end of spring ball.

8. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Well you sure as shit called it because he is phenomenal. I think I just heard them say that the new SS is only 18? I would be scared to death to take the position of a SS that won the golden glove award like 3 times lol

9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Dansby Swanson, yeah he's young. Probably won't see him in the majors until next season since they won't be competing this year, really. He's got just as much potential as Simmons did at the time, and is better offensively. He's a GA boy too so yay for that!

AelNire likes this.
  10. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

This hat is my next piece of merchandise I'm going to get.

[​IMG]

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I like that hat a lot...my curiosity wonders if that has it is a hint at a re-brand to coincide with the new stadium.

12. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Paul O'Neil is a Trump supporter and I've truly never been more ashamed of being a Yankee fan

13. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

It could be. I have spent SO much money on Braves stuff. I have almost every color of the real jerseys that are close to 90 bucks a pop.

14. Meerkat

I have a Jeter jersey that I won when I was 17 by pretending to be 12 and competing with children in a game of Simon Says.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I've only got one jersey and it's a Heyward one :tear:

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Hahaha That might be one of the best sentences of all time.

iplaydrums likes this.
  17. Meerkat

We were at this family picnic event. My parents and older sister totally encouraged this savage behavior. It came down to me and a four year old boy. Show no mercy. Take no prisoners.

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I admire that plan and would have done the same. SUCKEEERS!

iplaydrums likes this.
  19. Meerkat

It's so far been the best thing to come out of looking so young. No one questioned it. The guy running the game asked how old I was, I said 11, he bought it. My parents said I had the scariest look of determination in my eyes. I basically saved $100 by having no soul.

Michael Schmidt and AelNire like this.
  20. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Soccer and MLB jerseys I am actually ok with no player on the back. Every other sport, I have to have a player and I fully realize the likely of them leaving the team is very high.

21. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I bought a few with names on the back and they were trading people left and right so then I changed to only getting them w/ no name.

22. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I am in a very niche market for baseball jerseys. I recently was passed down an Indians "batting practice jeresy" that are essentially mesh pullovers rather than thicker button down material. It got me pretty pumped up. I am no now trying to get other teams, preferably from the '90s.
    [​IMG]

stnewton and schlotty like this.
  23. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I am still extremely sad and upset that NESN broke up Remy and Orsillo for no reason.

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The way the Sox did Orsillo dirty is a huge black mark on an ownership group with more than their share. He was beloved AND professional and represented the team well.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  25. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Yup. Their "ratings" excuse was total bullshit because anyone who watched would've told you, especially during a horrible losing season, Don & Jerry were the major draw. That one dude at NESN just had it out for him. Such absolute bullshit. I teared up during his last game.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.