Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 MLB Season Thread Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Melody Bot Mar 13, 2015
    (Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2016)
    Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Official MLB Discussion Thread

From @schlotty:

Okay these are the sites I follow on a pretty daily basis. I probably forgot some and will edit them in later.

General:
    Baseball Prospectus
    Baseball Statistics and Analysis | FanGraphs Baseball
    Baseball Savant: Your Source For Advanced MLB Statistics
    BrooksBaseball.net: Home of the PITCHf/x Tool
    The Hardball Times
    A Saber-Slanted Baseball Community
    MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Prospects:
    keithlaw (@keithlaw) | Twitter
    Jim Callis (@jimcallisMLB) | Twitter
    Jonathan Mayo (@JonathanMayo) | Twitter
    Eric Longenhagen (@longenhagen) | Twitter
    Christopher Crawford (@CVCrawfordBP) | Twitter

Specifically, I really enjoy reading Dave Cameron, Ben Lindbergh (BP, Grantland, 538), Russell Carleton, and Jeff Sullivan. Been reading a lot of Mike Fast's older articles lately and listening to the Effectively Wild back log.

If you want info on a specific topic I can more than likely help but I won't link to it all in this post since there's so much.

2. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

haha the comments on that are amazing. Also, that is totally a different dog.

I'd usually be more excited about the upcoming season but it's hard to get pumped about whatever goobers the Braves will be putting out on a daily basis. :-/

3. Snewt

4. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Braves are going to suck so bad this year. But I'm excited baseball is back!

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Shelby is good and I'm more than happy with that trade, even though I love Heyward. Locally, they are airing a commercial with Jon Hart saying how excited he is to watch this team this year. hahahahahahaha.

6. Snewt

haha I haven't seen that yet. That's amazing.

The Braves definitely cleaned out the Diamondback's farm system last year from a few trades. I'm REALLY bummed about Andrelton though. He is truly something special on the defensive end.

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Bummed about Andrelton myself, but Dansby Swanson is the real deal. He'll be ready after this season I'd guess. I'm looking forward to the major spending spree next off-season.

Look out for the Jon Hart commercial on FSS, if you like good laughs.

stnewton likes this.
  8. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Will the Red Sox be good this year? Who the hell knows but I'm pumped

9. PyramidPostcard

avocado squirrel rides again Prestigious

This is the most excited I've been for a Cubs season ever.

thegreatbenbino likes this.
  10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Really pumped baseball is back. I am excited for my second season in an AL-only keeper auction league. Hoping to make another big push. Baseball coming back means good weather is on the horizon!

11. Snewt

I'm hoping this is the year that Heyward explodes offensively. I love watching that guy play.

PyramidPostcard likes this.
  12. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

He started to get it together at the end of last season offensively. This could be the right time for him to really break out. If he can have a breakthrough on offense, then he is an MVP caliber player.

13. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Mookie Betts MVP

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  14. Michael Schmidt

I like Heyward as a player, but I think people have always thought he would have really good power numbers and started to get down on him with the injuries and the power never coming to fruition. I think if you accept Heyward and his level swing for what he actually is in the MLB, than you can see how good of a player he is. And hitting in that ballpark and that lineup will help his number across the board, including HR's.

15. Snewt

Most definitely.

That Cubs team should be fun as hell to watch this year.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I'm getting mlb.tv just to watch the Cubs this year. Will help take the sting out of watching a terrible Braves team. Heyward is my boi, so..

PyramidPostcard and stnewton like this.
  17. Michael Schmidt

On paper, they have to be one of the favorites to make it out of the NL. Maddon is a really good manager that I think makes his clubs much better. He will think outside the typical thought process in game situations. And Theo and Hoyer reuniting in the front office has been a clear advantage over any other front office. It's exciting to be a Cubs fan. I wish my Tribe had that similar momentum.

18. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It's all because his first MLB at-bat was a HR. Braves fans immediately thought we were witnessing the next Griffey.

Also, the latest WS odds on the Cubs was like 4-1 I believe. Lol.

19. Snewt

hahaha so true

20. Michael Schmidt

Very fair point. Insert the jump to the conclusions mat from Office Space.

21. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

stnewton likes this.
  22. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I really need to pick a team and stick to it, I like Houston more... but the Rangers are in-market here.

Decisions, decisions.

23. Michael Schmidt

I think you are in a great position since you are not completely biased to your in-market team. I would choose the team in the league you prefer to watch. AL and NL are vastly different experiences for several reasons.

24. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Is that serious? I haven't followed MLB as closely as I have anything else. Would also mean going to games would be easy too.

25. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Always go in-market

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.