Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 Chorus.fm NFL Mock Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by cryates, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Chris Yates likes this.
  2. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

@Chris Yates

With pick two, the Cleveland Browns select Jared Goff, QB, Cal.

[​IMG]

Switched it up this round. Goff is, by far, my favorite QB in the draft. While the Browns are, indeed, the Sadness, you can't always bank on them being in a position to grab whomever they want at QB in the draft. With Hue and RGIII in the fold, the Browns have a good coach to get him to where he needs to be a successful QB in the league and an option that allows them to take their sweet time getting him there.

3. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Nice, I like this better than the Wentz projections I've seen.

@Whatjuliansaid You're up for SD

4. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

With the third overall pick the San Diego Chargers select Jalen Ramsey, Secondary freak, FSU

[​IMG]

The Chargers have several needs in their secondary, both at corner and safety (with the now departed Eric Weddle) and this pick will help fill those needs. Ramsey is rated by most as the best player in this draft and with the way Chargers luck has been lately... He will be a glimmer of hope for the future to help bolster their secondary against well-groomed qbs like Brock lobster.

5. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

You broke the cardinal rule, and forgot to tag me. Heheh

@Night Channels You are up for The Jerry Joneses

6. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Whoops, my bad.

7. Night Channels

Trusted

@Chris Yates

With the 4th overall pick, the Dallas Cowboys select:

Ezekiel Elliott - Running Back - Ohio State

[​IMG]

The best skill position player in the draft. Workhorse, every down running back.

@CarpetElf is up next for the Jaguars.

Chris Yates likes this.
  8. Night Channels

Trusted

It saves time. Not having to keep up with them and make the changes creates less of a hassle for the person running the draft.

9. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

I mean this is our last mock and we have 24 days to the draft, is time really an issue? And I don't think trades have ever really been a major time drain on our mocks, it's always just some people not checking in. I really don't see it as being a huge hassle either as long as people designate which picks are being traded in their post. But whatever, not a huge deal, but I do think trades make the mock more fun/interesting.

10. Night Channels

Trusted

Try updating the picks multiple times each round. It's annoying, I promise.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I like the Browns pick but only because they're the only organization dumb enough to make a pick like that. It's realistic.

Jaguars take Myles Jack. If given the choice between Jack and Bosa, they're going to take Jack. After addressing every position of need in free agency but one, Jack fills the last remaining hole. While they could go Bosa, they said their emphasis will be on their front seven. They've signed zero linebackers and Jack is an elite prospect.

12. Night Channels

Trusted

Taking the best QB in the draft is dumb?

13. Night Channels

Trusted

kidwithhelmet and Chris Yates like this.
  14. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

:chin: :chin: :chin:

15. kidwithhelmet Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

@Chris Yates Baltimore Ravens take OT - Ronnie Stanley - Notre Dame

How can you not take an Offensive Tackle that makes tackles, offensively?
    [​IMG]

But seriously, despite needs along the front seven the Ravens will continue to rebuild a suddenly formidable line.

Next up: @tkamB - 49ers

Whatjuliansaid and Chris Yates like this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

With Ramsey, Jack, and Bosa on the board, yeah. We just saw the Texans make the playoffs with former Browns QBs and we saw Peyton put up the worst season of any starting QB this year and win the super bowl. They signed RGIII and have a serviceable backup in McCown. They can draft a QB later and get an elite, rare talent now and Cardale, Dak, or Brisset or something in the third.

17. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, none of those guys are a franchise QB. Last thing the Browns need is another QB scratched out on that fans jersey two years from now.

18. Night Channels

Trusted

QB is the most important position in the sport. I don't care what Denver did this season.

Chris Yates likes this.
  19. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

#1, Denver had a historically great defense. Like, one of the best ever. A bag of potatoes could have won with that defense.

20. Night Channels

Trusted

And as bad as Peyton Manning was in 2015, he's still Peyton Manning. His ability to read defenses before the snap cannot be matched.

21. tkamB

God of Wine Prestigious

@Chris Yates San Francisco 49ers select Shaq Lawson, DE/OLB, Clemson

While Aaron Lynch has been fantastic given his draft position, the 49ers could really use a true replacement for Aldon Smith. Lawson doesn't quite have the length that Aldon had, something Baalke looks for in his pass rushers, but like Aldon was coming out, Lawson is a young, highly athletic edge rusher who shows enough on tape to make you believe that he could develop into of the premier pass rushers in the league.

kidwithhelmet and Chris Yates like this.
  22. Night Channels

Trusted

Who is drafting for the Eagles?

23. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

It's empty, so anyone

24. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

BPA and take Bosa?

25. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I think you mean we just saw the Texans make the playoffs and get shut out because their QB threw 4 picks. The Browns can't really rely on a reclamation project like RGIII for their future. It's much easier to find an impact player in the secondary later in the draft than it is to find a franchise QB. Pretty much every top QB in the league was selected in the first round, while you often find late-round gems on defense. Guys like Dak, Brissett and Cardale don't have the ceiling to really make you believe they wouldn't just be another link in the chain of mediocrity at QB for the Browns.

I certainly like Ramsey, Jack and Bosa, but I'm not sure the value is really there. I could certainly justify Ramsey, but, again, that's going back to the argument that they could find some impact players for the secondary later on. I'd love to have Bosa, but I don't think he's best utilized in a 3-4. Ditto for Myles Jack. I think he'd have to play inside and I don't think the value is really there to be taking an ILB at #2 overall.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.