Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 Chorus.fm NBA Mock Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Basketball • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Charlotte Hornets select Taurean Prince, SF, Baylor

One of my favorite guys in the draft. Has the size, frame, strength to play right away. Has a great shot and is a three-point threat. Can handle the ball well in transition. Plays physical defense and can guard a variety of positions well. He looks to be a promising 3-and-D player. Would be a perfect fit in Charlotte with MKG and Batum (and Lee if he returns). I think he can make an impact as a role player in his rookie year if he goes to the right team.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  2. Boston Celtics select Cheick Diallo, PF, Kansas

With their first two picks, Boston added some promising offensive weapons. Diallo gives them a young-developing defensive presence. High-energy, runs the floor well, and uses his huge wingspan to disrupt shots and passing lanes and attack the boards. He has some work to do but has potential to make an impact down the road.

3. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

The Sixers select Furkan Korkmaz, G, Turkey.

The Sixers need shooting, and Korkmaz projects as an ideal shooting guard with the ability to handle the ball. He could use another year in Europe, but since the Sixers have lots of young players and tons of picks in the future, that's not the end of the world.

4. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Looks like we don't have anyone for the Clippers

5. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Clippers select Patrick McCaw, sg, unlv

Clippers always reach for a player who never ends up playing anyway. There you go.

aoftbsten likes this.
  6. Whatjuliansaid

7. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

The Sixers select Tyler Ulis, PG, Kentucky

Simmons can handle the ball, but the Sixers could use Ulis as a younger, higher-upside replacement for Ish Smith. Ulis would be a top 5 pick if he was 5 inches taller.

Swoos and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  8. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

9. I'm a big fan of Ulis. Almost took him with the Detroit pick.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Contemplated him with the last Nuggets pick as well.

11. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Easiest mock draft ever for me since we traded our 2nd!

12. Night Channels

Trusted

Really sorry about the delay everybody...

Toronto selects: Demetrius Jackson - PG - Notre Dame

13. Phoenix Suns select Malcom Brogdon, SG, Virginia

The Suns defense was atrocious last season. So why not draft a 2x ACC Defensive Player of the Year? Brogdon is not a flashy player but he just does everything right. Phenomenal defender, great distributor/playmaker, effective jumper, plays the pick and roll well. He is a leader and has a high basketball IQ. Like I said, just an all-around solid player. He may not ever turn into a star but he will be a reliable role player at the least. His defense alone brings value. Four-year college player and nice frame/strength gives him a good chance at stepping in and getting playing time in his rookie season.

14. Spurs are up

15. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

WISH JUELZ WOULD UPDATE FIRST POST SO I DON'T HAVE TO TRI-TAB AND SCROLL

Spurs - Guerschon Yabusele, PF, France

I think it's almost a certainty that the Spurs make a trade to get out of this pick, but at the same time I don't think it's a pressing necessity. If they don't, I won't be guessing right anyway. Maker is the super longshot obviously, and could still be available here, but he's unlikely. Not going to lie, a lot of the reason I picked Yabusele over Zizic is simply because he's French and plays in the same league as Tony's team. I doubt anyone else has a more in-depth report on him. Anyway, yeah, Spurs biggest weakness is on the boards and even though he's a little undersized, he has a huge wingspan. And he can shoot, which is important too.

16. Whatjuliansaid

Already took him, my bad.

17. Whatjuliansaid

Updated the page, my bad guys.

18. Night Channels

Trusted

That's my bad as well

I'll take Isaiah Whitehead - G - Seton Hall for Toronto

19. Whatjuliansaid

Up again for gsw

20. Night Channels

Trusted

Warriors select: Ante Zizic - PF/C - Croatia

21. Whatjuliansaid

22. Boston Celtics select Stephen Zimmerman, PF/C, UNLV

Moves well for a 7 footer. Good rebounder and shot blocker. Showing potential in his shooting ability. Runs the floor well. Boston has so many picks and I'm sure most of the second rounders will be traded. But Zimmerman is a nice piece to stash away while he adds strength and continues developing his game.

23. Whatjuliansaid

Saw him at the all American mcds game, was really impressed. I think he'll do good on a team where he's not the only good player.

Swoos likes this.
  24. Whatjuliansaid

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.