Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 Chorus.fm NBA Mock Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Basketball • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

2. dallasc

Trusted

With Hield, Dunn, and Murray all off the board sadness descends on KANGZ nation as we face the inevitable departure of Rajon Rondo, the general not goodness of Ben McLemore and Marco Bellinelli, and the fallout from Darren Collison's off season arrest.
    With no great fits left the KANGZ need to go with the best available talent and so,
    With the 8th pick in the 2016 chorus.fm NBA mock draft, the Sacramento KANGZ select Marquese Chriss, PF - Washington

aoftbsten and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  3. Night Channels

Trusted

Toronto selects: Brice Johnson - PF - UNC

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  4. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

That's a very Raptors pick.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  5. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I guess the bucks select jakob poetl, pf/c, Utah

6. Whatjuliansaid

Magic select skal labisierre, pf, Kentucky sucks

7. Whatjuliansaid

Utah selects Henry ellenson, pf, Marquette

8. Whatjuliansaid

9. Phoenix Suns select Deyonta Davis, PF/C, Michigan State

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

With the 14th pick, the Chicago Bulls select: Wade Baldwin IV, Vanderbilt

While I kind of want to go Timothe Luwawu for my Bulls, the fact is Chicago needs a backup PG (or perhaps a replacement for Rose). Baldwin is a solid passer, an excellent shooter, and has the potential to be a sufficating defender (hot damn that 6'11" wingspan!). Has upside as a player, fills a need, and should fit well in Hoiberg's system. Everything you want in a pick.

... at 15, the Denver Nuggets select: Timothe Luwawu, France

Tremendous athlete with amazing defensive potential and a nice stroke from behind the arc. Not to mention he's solid away from the ball, has shown to the ability to make some nice passes and is capable of playing the 2 or 3. If he can improve his ball handling ability, he'll be a great long term backcourt partner for Mudiay.

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

12. Boston Celtics select Domantas Sabonis, PF/C, Gonzaga

Celtics added a premiere shooter with the third pick and now bring in a great low-post scorer. Sabonis hustles and constantly puts him self in position to score or grab the rebound. Very aggressive on the boards. Not overly athletic but still runs the floor well for his size. He is also very effective on the pick and roll which would be fun to watch with Boston's guard play.

13. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

The Grizzlies select Dejounte Murray, PG, Washington

Mike Conley is a free agent, and even if the Grizzlies re-sign him, Murray is a good pick at this point. He has the most upside of any player on the board. His size and quickness give him a lot of potential, and his two biggest weaknesses, turnovers and shooting, can be remedied in the pros.

14. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

15. Detroit Pistons select Denzel Valentine, SG, Michigan State

My original target for this pick was Brice Johnson as I think he'd be a nice fit playing behind Morris. With Johnson off the board, my next target was Valentine. He is an all-around solid player despite not having the ideal size for an NBA wing player. I really like a rotation of KCP, Harris, Johnson, Valentine on the wing. If Pistons can upgrade at backup PG and add depth downlow they'll be a very strong team.

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Denver Nuggets select: Juan Hermangomez, Spain

I wanted Valentine, but with him gone I'm going Gomey. He should be able to slot in as a PF off the bench in the NBA, with solid instincts on the pick and roll/pop, promise as a shooter, and a high motor it's easy to see him fitting in with this young Nuggets team in the long run. Also, the Nuggets can choose to stash him abroad for a year or two.

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

18. Whatjuliansaid

Pacers select Demetrious Jackson, pg, notre dame

George hill isn't a star and they could start to retool this team sooner than later. Jackson gives them a lot of versatility and is a big upgrade to ty Lawson from last year.

19. Whatjuliansaid

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Hawks select Thon Maker, C, Austrailia

The biggest need the Hawks have is a true center, and at 7'1" he could be a shot blocker and a big rebound guy.

21. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.