Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 Chorus.fm NBA Mock Draft Thread [ARCHIVED] Basketball • Page 2

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid May 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2016)
    Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Clippers and Indiana are now only teams left folks. Then we can start this up.

@MrRobot you interested in picking for Indiana at all? You're the lone pacer fan on our NBA forum. If so, let me know.

2. Whatjuliansaid

I'll take Indy if someone takes LAC and we can get started soon.

3. I say we just go ahead and start since the finals are over.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  4. Whatjuliansaid

5. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

With the first pick, the 76ers select Ben Simmons, F, LSU.

The Sixers have some talent but are years and some aggressive moves away from being a contender. Brandon Ingram may fit the Sixers better now, but Simmons has more upside and is more physically gifted. They can get shooters later.

6. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

7. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Lakers select Brandon Ingram, SF, Duke

@Swoos

8. Boston Celtics select Buddy Hield, SG, Oklahoma

The Celtics could use an upgrade at PF/C and Dragan Bender is sitting there, but I don't think he is a great fit for what the Celtics need out of a big man. Bender is not very athletic and hasn't shown much as far as being a defensive presence downlow. I think they can address this need later in the draft or via free agency with better results.

The C's do have a solid group of guards but they aren't very efficient shooters. They actually finished 23rd in shooting percentage this past season. Buddy Hield would give them a legitimate scoring threat. He can knock down 3s, slash to the basket, and draw fouls. He was very close to the 50-40-90 club this past season (50-45-88) which is impressive considering his high volume shooting. His athleticism is also something the C's could use. He is a bit older than other prospects, but he also comes with 4-years college experience and should be able to contribute off the bench right away.

9. Whatjuliansaid

10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting pick with Buddy; I've seen 4 mock drafts and Boston picked someone different in each one. They really will set the tone for the rest of the lottery.

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The most out there one I've seen is Marquese Chriss at #3 to the Celtics. It is from draftexpress, which is generally the most accurate and well respected of the mock draft so who knows. That being said, they've spent the whole year trying to convince everyone Simmons isn't going #1, so there's that.

12. I had it down to Buddy, Bender and Chriss. I went with Buddy because I think he is the most ready to go and safest player of the three. And like I said, I know they have some solid guards but none are exactly consistent lights out shooters. Buddy has potential to be that. Plus, you can never have enough guards/wings that can score. GSW is showing us that in these finals. Curry and Thompson have been quiet but they still have guys like Livingston, Barbosa, Barnes, Iggy that can put up points. With how today's game is trending Buddy is the best pick imo.

13. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

Either you're the stupid team that took Dragan or you're the stupid team that passed on him. No winning for the Celtics.

14. Whatjuliansaid

I guess carpetelf is going full on NFL mock draft again lol great

15. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Oh jeez, I see he/she has been posting too lol

There is no way anyone but The Dragan goes at 4

16. Whatjuliansaid

At least he didn't say "ill be back soon" this time. Classic stuff. Mentions show up the same in your notifications as quotes right? I doubt that's the issue.

17. How long do we wait?

18. Whatjuliansaid

I guess another hour or two just to make it an even 24, maybe he'll wake up and have an epiphany

Edit:nvm he's already been in this morning lol

19. Phoenix Suns select Dragan Bender, PF/C, Croatia

20. Whatjuliansaid

Wolves

21. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Minnesota Timberwolves select...

Kris Dunn, PG - Providence.

Defense. Defense. Defense.

22. Whatjuliansaid

23. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

New Orleans Pelicans - Jamal Murray, SG, Kentucky

With Hield and Dunn off the board, the Pelicans probably feel fortunate to get Murray here. He's definitely one of the top 3 guys on their board and he has the outside shooting the Pelicans desperately need.

24. aoftbsten Jun 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2016)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Son of a bitch, I wanted Murray for the Nuggets...

With the 7th pick, the Denver Nuggets select: Jaylen Brown, Cal

While I think the Nuggets could use a young shooter/ball handler to pair with Mudiay, at the end of the day Jaylen Brown's upside is hard to resist. He had a spotty year at Cal, but he has all the physical tools to be an elite defender and at least a solid contributor on offense. Plus he's an extremely bright kid who should be able to learn the game quickly with good coaching.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.