Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016 Bangers • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

this does not surprise me in the slightest

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Big Dogs just re-opened this year after closing about 10 years ago. It's true..

EDIT: well, at least the flagship store in Santa Barbara. I didn't actually know there were other stores.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

[​IMG]

4. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

It me

Please keep my name out of your screenshots

schlotty likes this.
  5. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 9.45.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 9.44.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 9.44.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 9.44.49 AM.png

ChiliTacos likes this.
  6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

nice thread title change i feel welcome to post things now eventually
    though likely you will have covered most if not all of the "2016 bangers"

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Came to recommend "Bounce" and "Blu C-Note" from Collegrove. Will stay for the Big Dogs discussion.

8. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

hi i like bangers

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

11. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

theres gonna be dupes cuz i reordered parts of it so it flows better, gimme a few

ChiliTacos likes this.
  12. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

some of these are from 2015 now because i wanted them or felt like when i play this in public other people would want to hear them, dont judge me for having david guetta and mike posner on here ok

Attached Files:

ChiliTacos likes this.
  13. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

im sure theres new stuff im missing too, im probably gonna have to make a separate summer 2016 playlist hoenstly ive been thinking about it for a lil while now lol

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

this is 2015 but i just found it recently and there's no way i won't be jamming it all summer

15. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

vybz is so talented but is also a murderer, makes me feel super weird about listening to him honestly :-/

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

i do love that dancehall and afrobeat are having such a prominent moment this year

17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

shit i didn't know that. didn't know anything about him tbh.

18. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

yeah hes a big figure, i think he like basically mentored popcaan who i have been stanning for for the last year, but he's also in prison for at least like 35 years for murder. its one of my things about art/artist separation and i dont expect anyone else to vibe with me about it but just where i am

ChiliTacos likes this.
  19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Just discovered this thread and am very happy to hear that Big Dogs is back in full force. Now only if we could get these back...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol yo do you have PnB Rock on there? When did he blow outside of Philly?

21. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I think "Fleek" is well known outside of philly.

OhTheWater likes this.
  22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol that's awesome. My students during the summer were all about him last year so I checked him out and enjoyed him. Didn't realize he made the jump

23. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

"ballin" is sick, that tape is more or less fine. i think youre underestimating how popular he is actually, most of his shit on youtube has several hundred thousand to a couple million plays

24. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

yeah, the kids I have now all love him.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I just live in a bubble, I suppose. He and Kur were the two biggest artists to most of the kids in North Philly. Then when I teach in the suburbs these kids are just getting on Drake and Meek for the first time. There's basically a mural of PnB downtown but that's been there for the past year or so so I didn't think anything of his popularity outside of the city. I recall posting one or two of his songs on AP last year and having no buzz, but then again I think his latest release is certainly his strongest. I need to return to it.