Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NHL Discussion Thread [Archived] Hockey • Page 8

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thechrisformat, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

A pretty cheap price for Cam Ward, indeed...

2. We still aren't at the cap floor. I'd obviously rather move on but it's nothing to rage about. This team is still well on their way to being really good.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

BleacherReport mock draft has Bruins taking Gauthier at 14 and Debrincat at 29. Yes please!

4. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

But the Leafs have the 30th and 31st overall picks...? So, yes please.

5. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

6. From what I've read Nedeljkovic has been impressive and I imagine they think he's the future. He should be making his Canes debut about the same time the rest of the young guys hit their stride.

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Yay I love the Bobfather

and of course the obvious choice for captain

8. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

I thought Doughty would be the obvious choice for the C, no?

Richter915 likes this.
  9. CobraKidJon

nah word from most kings fans is kopitar more "mature" than doughty

10. CobraKidJon

11. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Are the rangers going to trade Henrik?

12. Another thing to think about regarding the expansion draft, being able to make Ward available would be beneficial if Francis does make another move for a legit starting goalie. Lack was actually worse than Ward but he somehow will likely bring more return in a trade. I could see Francis making some more moves this summer and Ward might end up being our backup.

13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Kopitar is the obvious choice for me. Doughty still seems a little too frat boy to be captain.

14. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Brooks mentioned it but no one really thinks it'll happen outside of him. It wouldn't surprise me if Hank would be up for it and waive the NMC, he knows his window is closing and the team's window is basically shut.

I wouldn't mind a Nash trade for picks and a quality prospect (if that). Just like Gaborik before him (and Richards, Lindros, Fleury, Gomez, Drury, and Redden...to name a few), he came to NY, had a season or two, and is now a shell of his formerself. Getting Nash out clears up room we need to re-sign guys like Kreider and Miller (Hayes can walk, dude isn't amounting to much).

15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I know Hank is still v. elite, but who is going to trade for that contract? still 5 years at $8.5 million

16. cherrywaves

Trusted

If Luongo could get moved I'm sure Hank could too. It's not ideal, but a win-now team will see it as worth it

17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

He would want to move to a win in the next 3-4 seasons team...If Nill is smart, he'll do everything he can to get a guy like Hank but no idea if they can move the necessary pieces to fit him in their cap. Buying out one of Niemi or Lehtonen would be a start.

18. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Gauthier is basically a riskier Virtanen as far as I know. Huge boom/bust potential.

19. CobraKidJon

I like this

RobbieBerns likes this.
  20. CobraKidJon

Richter915 and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  21. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I feel like gauthier is also closer to nhl playing time than some guys too but yea, doesn't mean he'll be a star. I wouldn't be surprised if someone took him in the higher teens if they believe. I saw a Rick Nash comparison, I'm guessing pre rangers Nash lol

Also flames would make sense for maf, wonder what the cost would be.

Richter915 likes this.
  22. lordjedediah

N00b3

23. CobraKidJon

It looks like it's for a 5th round pick this year.

24. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

ughhh I want him in NJ

25. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.