Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NHL Discussion Thread [Archived] Hockey • Page 6

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by thechrisformat, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnie Francis is building a cup team. Love this trade. Aho and Saarela signed this week and now Teravainen added. So much young talent on this team. And we still have two first rounders this year.

I don't mind taking the Bickell contract because we have so much cap space. It doesn't matter.

Richter915 likes this.
  2. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Kinda odd that no one beat that offer. Carolina isn't even trading their own picks - they're trading NYR's 2nd and Chicago's own 3rd back to them.

RobbieBerns likes this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Can Chicago even afford to give extensions to Panarin and Shaw, even after this trade? If both of those dudes get 4mil a piece then, seems like they still need to unload cap space

4. Canes basically traded Staal and a 2017 3rd for TT, Saarela, 2017 2nd

RobbieBerns and Richter915 like this.
  5. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

the one buy out we already knew

Richter915 and dandandan like this.
  6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Panarin is signed for next season already so he technically doesnt need an extension yet

7. mattfki5g

Regular Supporter

Ron Francis is awesome

8. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

That young line of Finns is going to be incredible in a few years.

Richter915 likes this.
  9. cherrywaves

Trusted

Oh ok did not realize this, thanks. Unless they clear out salary I can't help but think they'll be in this same position next year

10. I think the Canes could try to move up in the draft. We have 13 and 21 in the first and still a good amount of 2nd-4th picks in the next two years.

What would we have to give up for pick 4 or 5? I want Puljujarvi or Nylander. I know 13 and 21 would be on the table. Would a decent prospect be enough to get it done?

11. dandandan

Trusted Prestigious

If I were to give up 4 or 5, I'd probably be asking a steep price since this draft isn't that deep. I'd probably want a first, second and a good prospect. I realize that's a lot, but I'm also not a GM lol

Isn't Puljujari slated to go third OA?

12. That's what I'd think but I've also seen reports that he could slide to 4 because CBJ are dumb.

13. CobraKidJon

this draft is going to be so much fun

14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Clayton Keller has seemingly been jumping up draft boards...doesn't seem like he will fall to NJ at this point

hopefully 1-2 DMen get picked in the top 10 so one of Keller/Nylander/Tkachuk/Dubois/Brown/Jost are there for NJ at 11

15. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Also known locally as a "Bickell contract"

Sucks we had to give up Teuvo but getting rid of Bickell's cap hit trumps all. We've traded away so many picks the past couple season so good to see we're getting a couple back.

Price to pay for the Cups summed up right here.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1h
    Brandon Saad and Teuvo Teravainen should have been lineup linchpins for a decade. Instead, they're both traded away in their early 20s.

16. MexicanGuitars

Yep lol. Really hoping we sign Panarin and ditch Shaw though. We need to lock up the skill players we still have.

Edit: Also no way Panarin settles for 4mil. I'd say at least 5, but probably more like 6.

17. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Columbus likely aren't trading three. In the Columbus Dispatch the other day Jarmo said he wants a number one center and to still stay in the top 10 to think about trading out. He said it has to be an offer that blows them away.

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

Yeah thats definitely not a good look. Carlyle said some good things in his press conference, and apparently Murray consulted all the core players and they all liked the decision so we'll see. This offseason feels so long already.

19. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I was happy to get Saad from you guys. Really was not expecting that last year. The Blackhawks have what essentially amounts to first world problems in the NHL in terms of their cap situation.

20. CobraKidJon

Swoos likes this.
  21. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Is Panarin an RFA at the end of the season?

22. CobraKidJon

dandandan and cubsml34 like this.
  23. MexicanGuitars

End of next season, yes.

24. MexicanGuitars

Teuvo who??

Seriously though easy decision. We made what ended up being a boneheaded trade for Weise and Fleischmann but Panik still outperformed them.

25. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Francis, you dirty dog!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.