Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NFL Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 603

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I've heard nothing but bad things from Vegas residents. It doesn't sound like they wanted one team, now they have two.

2. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Until its Week 15 and the Vegas Craps are 3-10, and are playing the Cleveland Browns or something. And their 30k seat stadium is half full...

I think they'll end up like the Rams did in LA the first time. No local fan base to care badly enough about them; and god help them if there's another economic downturn, because that stadium is finance entirely by tourism taxes.

CarpetElf likes this.
  3. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Awful, awful stuff. Wonder who will take them after this cash grab fails.

4. Oakland finally has a winner and this happens. Loyalty sure went away a long time ago.

5. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Golden Knights 4 Lyfe

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  6. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I'm of the "owners should pay for their own stadiums" opinion, but Davis is probably the least wealthy of all the NFL owners. His dad was promised a new stadium by Oakland in the mid 90s to lure him out of LA. The Oakland Coliseum is not worth renovating. It needs to die. The 49ers got multiple loans (some international I think) and still couldn't resist taking Santa Clara's money to secure all the funds. Oaklanders being left with the bill on a new stadium might be worse than losing their team. 99% of fans watch the game on TV. I feel bad for them, but am also proud that they didn't just hand over money.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  7. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This is completely true. It never made sense for the Santa Clara stadium not to house both teams, especially when they are in separate conferences. Could have been just like the new Meadowlands stadium was.

Its really frustrating, because Raiders fans are pretty great. And theres basically no world where I can imagine an expansion team going there, or teams using it as leverage for a new stadium by saying they'd go there. They'd go to San Antonio or other places first.

Its basically what happened to Cleveland, but with little chance of getting a team back

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  8. The team will do fine in Vegas. I've been here for two years and I see people wearing Raiders gear on a daily basis. There will always be the people who raise hell about paying for a stadium but majority of the people I've spoken to about it are hyped. The city is dying for professional sports here.

There's also way more locals here than people realize. This is a huge city. Combine that with people planning their Vegas vacations around their favorite team's visit here. Plenty of money to be made.

9. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

I like the move actually. The desert west is pretty underrepresented. Gives them a third option aside from Denver and Arizona, teams that are really far apart from each other to begin with. It's not just about tourism, I think the pull from Utah, western Colorado and northern Arizona/NM makes it worth putting a stadium in Vegas. Localizes those NFL fans a bit more.

10. Whatjuliansaid

Rapoport is kind of a dick

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

ESPN is so bad hahaha. Jaguars didn't improve at all after free agency but Texans jumped up above the Titans because of what, losing Brock and Bouye and re-signing a mediocre tight end?

12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Whoa

How dare you

Mediocre is too big a compliment for him

CarpetElf likes this.
  13. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I do think it stems from the whole "We've been hurt by the Jags FA moves before and won't fall for it again" thing

But I also don't think the Texans should leapfrog the Titans based on FA

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Did the Titans lose any key plays in FA to the Colts? I don't pay much attention to that division. Much of what I know stems from you guys rooting for the Jags and Texans. I had the Titans penned to take that division, but I know the Colts signed at least a couple plays from them in FA. Don't know how good they are though

15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Colts signed a bunch of AFC South players that weren't wanted on their respective teams. They're settling into their role as the new New Orleans Saints. Houston of course is the Schiano/Lovie-era Bucs, the Jags are the Panthers, and the Titans are the Falcons. This has been your 11:40 Update and no, I still haven't completed my homework.

16. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

17. Whatjuliansaid

Random

18. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

19. Whatjuliansaid

Make football way worse rules, cool

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

What are "actions to conserve time"?

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Actions that conserve time.

22. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  23. devenstonow

Noobie

Does it include stuff like spiking the football? Or like, everything but that/running out of bounds/timeouts

scottlechowicz likes this.
  24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

You know what I meant

CarpetElf likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.