Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NFL Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 641

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

ESPN is not the "authority" on anything regarding sports anymore. Their idiots-arguing-with-each-other shows suck, their NFL draft coverage sucks (Kiper, McShay, Hoge is easily the worst well-known team of draft analysts, I'd literally rather read Walter Football or Yahoo Sports)... and they hardly have any actual fucking sports, its all sensationalism and external hype and fetishizing the "celebrity" aspect of sports players.

The only thing I like on ESPN is the Scott Van Pelt show. He's the only really good journalist they have.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  2. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I agree with everything but that last part haha there's a lot of people who work there or did that were extremely talented but went unnoticed or underused. Hopefully they find their footing elsewhere and kill it.

I was listening to a Bucs podcast with this idiot who got fired from his radio show on a major station but now is a drunken buffoon who does podcasts and produces and he was talking about how good journalism is dying because major network journalists aren't biased enough... I chuckled

MyBestFiend likes this.
  3. Outside of the games they broadcast, I mostly only watch Lebatard and the SVP sportscenter.

4. Whatjuliansaid

I used to like Russilo but I stopped watching as much once kannell got added, now that he's gone I'm curious what will happen. Nothing will ever probably ever beat svp and him though.

Dlb has the best show on there hands down for me.

5. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

In all honesty ESPN could have The Rock and Justin Timberlake host all their shows and they'd still lower ratings than before

People don't need to watch SportsCenter to get highlights anymore, that's the biggest difference between 2007 and 2017

Although it has been funny to watch Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption go from the shows everyone hated to "actually, they're not so bad" solely because of what else the network airs

Max_123, swboyd and Randall Mentzos like this.
  6. Randall Mentzos

I just dont understand how someone like Skip Bayless becomes one of your household names. He has more alternative facts than Breitbart news. At that point you have already stooped to the level of sensationalism as reality TV shows. Impossible to take that show or network seriously when it spends 7 hours a day airing and reairing his shitty uninformed opinions. Like, this backdoor marketing, "if you piss people off they'll get emotionally invested and watch the show." It's not genuinely about sports. It's just riling people up for ratings like Jerry Springer.

I feel like more people see through that red flag mentality, it's like arguing with facebook or youtube comments haha, indulging complete idiocy is a waste of time.

7. Well, I think ESPN has proven it doesn't matter who they put out there, plenty of people will still watch. Skip's show on FS1 gets horrible ratings. Cowherd's new show on FS1 gets horrible ratings. The network is so well established they can do things like let a ton of people go and it won't matter. People will watch no matter what. Mike and Mike is a perfect example. Terrible show that gets massive ratings. It feeds people the boring sports talk they're addicting too.

8. Randall Mentzos

yeah the last thing I want to hear in the ass crack of the morning, is the stunt doubles for the two main actors in Everybody Loves Raymond, having a humdrum conversation about an NFL player's off field antics and what that might do to his contract extension.

9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I do find Around The Horn to be a pretty enjoyable show, I think the fact that the guests rotate allows for more interesting perspectives and doesn't give too much time to one subject or individual. Other than that I find Bomani Jones and Lebetard be pretty enjoyable.

You have to look at ESPN for what it is. Just like any other 24/7 news network, they're going to have some massive pinheads sometimes that get good ratings, and sometimes they just don't have anything to talk about.

10. Whatjuliansaid

Yea, boring basic sports stuff doesn't do it for me. It's cool when you're younger but eventually it's boring af. From what I've read, mike and mike basically forecast all their questions to who they interview before it happens.

11. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's getting harder to watch sports and easier to bullshit about them and that's an atrocity. ESPN is at least acknowledging they don't give a shit. Embracing the entertainment aspect. Basically just Fox News/MSNBC of sports now anyway.

12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I think every opinion on sports is bad

CarpetElf and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  13. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I just mostly hate that they clearly shut down CouchCoaches, one of online's absolute draft hits.

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

ESPN couldn't handle our Derek Carr takes. Gedeon sold us out.

15. Whatjuliansaid

Wait, I thought that site still exists but is called something else? Lol

16. Whatjuliansaid

Let's get rid of sports, remote control racing is better

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

I exclusively watch ERCPN

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Let's just get rid of things. No more things. There will be dogs and potatoes and not a damn thing else.

19. Fucking Dustin

Everything could be named Spot in this world

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. Whatjuliansaid

I'm more of a sweet potato and cats guy, and maybe carmellized onions

21. Fucking Dustin

See I can get behind this

22. Whatjuliansaid

Then we got our network

We have to rerun old episodes of rugrats after 12 though.

Or cheers, or both.

Ted danson

23. Whatjuliansaid

Caplan was one of the best follows, hope someone snatches him up soon.

24. Tre Boston has been cut

25. Whatjuliansaid

Let the roster leftover cut begin

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.