Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NFL Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 640

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

It's a good show

2. Ehhh. I guess it's because I can't stand either of them.

3. Whatjuliansaid

Why is that?

4. I just find them super annoying and they come of as they know more than anyone.

5. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I feel like that is most sports talk shows haha

Fuck You Aurora likes this.
  6. Oh I agree aha. I barely watch sports talk shows anymore.

Owlex likes this.
  7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

8. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I doubt he has anything left in the tank but hey crazier things have happened?!?!?

9. Apparently the Eagles were gonna draft Dalvin Cook until the Vikings traded up.

10. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

And in this day and age of technology, I can't imagine sports talk shows do well with the 18-35 demographic. I doubt those kinds of shows will still be around in 10 years or so

11. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Yeah. Not even true. Mike Silver was pretty well-integrated with the regime through the process. He said they were hoping for up to pick 5 or 6. (In fact, it was just going to be 1st/3rd to get to the Jets' pick.)

Otherwise, they didn't value Mahomes that high and Watson even less than Kizer. They valued the 2018 pick from Houston too much to not make the trade, but, otherwise, it would've been Malik Hooker. Oddly enough, after that, there was a strong hope that Peppers would be one of the top people making it to them at 25.

12. It's being reported the "last straw" for Whaley was the first round pick. The owner wanted Mahomes badly. That franchise is so stupid. Why do they hate Tyrod?

FTank likes this.
  13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I thought McDermott was making the calls at the draft? I saw that floating around somewhere

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

15. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

La Canfora is shit

16. preppyak

Elite Supporter

James Harrison is insane

17. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

If your car ever breaks down ya know who to call

swboyd, Owlex and preppyak like this.
  18. Whatjuliansaid

Well he was loose about it, like not sure if they were just trying to play the bears into doing something dumb to be coi which is pretty funny

19. Whatjuliansaid

Nah, you're right. They basically took all the reports and let him and the other ups decide, they knew they were gonna fire everyone all along which is like... really idiotic. They could've cleaned house and had a whole new staff they trusted and felt like he could work with months before the draft. That being said I think they did pretty okay.

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

ESPN: we have to fire 200 people because we are poor

ESPN: we are buying out all the contracts

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  21. Whatjuliansaid

They didn't fire them because they're poor lol they have tons of money, in fact they're paying them whatever the length of the contract is left (if any) so it's also a waste of money. Shareholders want better ratings from shows and personalities that don't exist, hopefully they sink even sooner now.

Imagine if they were a sports channel that played actual sports games more than three times a week lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh I know that's not the reason but they definitely acted like it was haha

23. Whatjuliansaid

As far as I know it was a professional bs response of "changing it up", Stephen a gonna be on every show for the network soon enough lol

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Supposedly, fewer people were subscribing to cable which reduces ESPN's revenue from cable companies. Also the rising cost of broadcast rights and reduced advertising revenue. So they went from making a supermassive fuck ton of cash to a massive fuck ton of cash.

ESPN Layoffs Begin, And Some 100 Employees May Lose Jobs

But, eh, it doesn't excuse the fact that a majority of their regular programming has just gotten awful. That's the main reason I've turned away from watching them.

25. Whatjuliansaid

Well yea, like I said it's about ratings and subscribers and less about that they don't care about good journalism. They're going to lose this battle whether they like it or not and likely no matter what moves they try to make or not make. The firings were just inhumane and a panic move. If it was really all about money gruden would've been gone years ago.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.