Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NFL Season Thread [Archived] Football • Page 638

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

One might say he's the purfict mentor.

Joe4th likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Ugh

Fucking Dustin and CarpetElf like this.
  3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

IMG_0825.JPG

4. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

The speculation that never seems to end

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Still think he should be a Jaguar.

6. Whatjuliansaid

Because no one else wants him?

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Dolphins will still take him, fuck it

8. Whatjuliansaid

Schefter said that the Browns were saying they wanted to get to 3 to get trubisky and it made the bears think they had to go up to 2 lol Cleveland

9. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Hahaha good stuff.

Also, Philly is playing Gerry at LB. Great move.

10. Whatjuliansaid

Theyll save a fine for a bad call during the season

theagentcoma likes this.
  11. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Is this sarcasm? I have no idea who this guy is.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  12. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

ha, i just don't really care whose domestic violence was "worse". Shouldn't draft either.

And I hope Lee stays healthy and makes Westbrook totally superfluous and unnecessary.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Your fifth round pick. Played safety at Nebraska so that's why I'm pumped. I'm not saying he'll be a pro bowler or anything but I think he'll be a good role player. He's one of those guys you go back and watch and realize he's involved in every play. His coverage as a safety was a little sketchy for the NFL but good for a linebacker. The "great move" was more so for him. Like it's a great move that Tommy Armstrong moved to runningback. Nothing will probably come of it but it gives him the best possible chance at success.

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Westbook is still the #4 guy, unfortunately.

15. Whatjuliansaid

I love "involved in every play" because it means there's a player who runs the other way to make sure he's not

16. Randall Mentzos

yeah but the reason we drafted him, and Caldwell confirmed this in a press conference, is because whenever Lee went down we lost the element of speed in our offense, and Bortles had a much harder time finding open targets. Lee stretches the defense out with his speed and agility, and Caldwell said we were often one injury away from needing depth badly there for our offense to execute to its potential.

Also in the press conference, Caldwell said the draft pick has zero impact on his feelings toward the rest of the WRs and that he wants to keep "all three" (referring to Robinson, Hurns, and Lee) in Jacksonville for a "very long time".

So honestly if Lee keeps it up we don't really have to bother with WR #4.

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

So this is basically the long version of what I just said? Westbrook is #4. Greene is falling out of favor and Bryan Walters will continue to wonder when the staff will realize he isn't a football player. I love Walters. If he retired and said "yeah I just bought a uniform online and showed up and they never said anything" I would not be surprised at all.

18. Whatjuliansaid

Rex is probably pissed they wouldn't fire Whaley when he was there

19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Oh I know we selected him, I've just never heard of him until the selection.

20. Whatjuliansaid

Omg I'm reading that woody was worried about how the media would react to a third qb drafted so he made them pass on kizer lol this can't be real

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. Randall Mentzos May 1, 2017
    (Last edited: May 1, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

hahaha, i was gonna say "hey Walters hasn't dropped a single pass" but then remembered he actually did drop a game winner last year.

other than that though he's basically Jordan Westerkamp. Super reliable smart white WR that Belicheck would love even though hes not fast or anything. No idea how you can praise him and diss Walters.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  22. Randall Mentzos May 1, 2017
    (Last edited: May 1, 2017)
    Randall Mentzos

Just sucks though, what I loved most about our WR corps is that they were all good dudes that have been in no legal or disciplinary trouble and are legit focused on football.

At a position where diva attitudes, failed drug tests, DUIs, domestic violence claims, insubordination to coaches, and destructive egos run rampant, I felt really grateful for Rob/Lee/Hurns. Our WRs are not only one of the best parts of our roster talent-wise, but its three humble, focused, hardworking dudes that I actually enjoy rooting for and looking up to off the field.

And we ruined it by drafting like the biggest shithead in this draft. Couldn't the NFL have just shunned him Colt Lyerla style? Why us?

23. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

:crylaugh:

GreatBeardRecs likes this.
  24. Randall Mentzos

I like that it gives us time.

It's much better than signing a long term extension. If we miss on Browning or whatever QB we like next year, we don't have to enter panic mode or extend Bortles for 3+ years out of desperation. We can still be patient, run the football, keep developing our WRs, scout the next draft class. We have two chances to find a clean upgrade from Bortles instead of one now, basically.

Besides this is Leonard Fournette's offense now regardless that Bortles is still here lol

25. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Bengals had a really solid draft overall. Unfortunately, their entire draft process is completely overshadowed by their second round pick - which was a great football pick and gave them something they needed, but does nothing for their PR/image except reinforce the idea that they're a bunch of criminals and thugs, which is another topic entirely

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.