Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NCAA Football Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 225

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Osceola13

Bringin the ruckus

There are people on my timeline celebrating because an ACC team won....when did that become a thing?

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

What, do you mean conference loyalty?

3. Night Channels

Trusted

Best sports moment of my life.

So this is what a championship feels like?

KalValor, EngineDown, T.K. and 2 others like this.
  4. DooDooBird

Trusted

Sark had a few good moments, but honestly, Hurts is just terrible and doesn't know how to read coverages and pass. No coordinator would have had success with him. Hurts is gonna have to learn how to hit a pass longer than 10 yards and audible out of plays when it's painfully obvious they're keying on the run. Just a disappointing offensive performance overall. Especially after Bo went down.

5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

"No coordinator would have success with [Hurts]" says doodoobird about a team in a the fucking national championship with Hurts at QB.

6. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

lol jesus...if that isn't the very definition of spoiled, I'm not sure what is.

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

[​IMG]

8. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Final AP Top 25.

The AP Top 25 Poll

Can't complain about Washington hanging at #4. They lost to the #2 and #3 team lol.

They'll almost certainly drop to the 7-10 range in the preseason poll next year though.

Also, why in the fuck is Ohio State STILL ahead of Penn State? Lol

9. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Make sure you all tune in....

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Saban took his worst team in years to the championship and still nearly won it

I know it's Skip but still haha

11. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The outrageous stuff he says for viewers

12. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Those gold championship hats where hideous though. Alabama escaped having to wear those things at least.

AelNire likes this.
  13. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I know Skip is a buffoon but I'm not sure I'm comprehending the first part of your post lol.

That defense is one of the greatest of all time.

FTank likes this.
  14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

They both just lost. One to the national champion, one to USC.

15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I know you hate Penn State so Ohio State could not win a game and you'd still rank them ahead of them but come on.

Ohio State not only lost to Clemson, they didn't score a point in the process and lost 31-0. Penn State, as you know, beat Ohio State AND won their conference. The argument for them not being in the playoff is valid but after the result of bowl season and for them to remain ahead of them even still is insane.

Also worth nothing that losing to the #3 team in the nation isn't exactly bad in a 52-49 shootout as opposed to losing to the #1 team in the nation and not even throwing a punch.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  16. KalValor

Regular

Wow it's been a fun season! I really didn't think that was going to happen last night. It sure made for some good TV. I'm curious to see what the television ratings looked like compared to other years.

17. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

one more time

fuck dabo

gonz (Alex), Joe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

The amount of people that tune in to hear him speak, though. I've never met a Skip Bayless fan in person, but he's being paid so much for a reason. Boggles my mind.
    I mean, to be fair, year end rankings don't mean a thing.

19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

You are absolutely correct, they mean squat.

20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

And yet ESPN quickly finds something that means even less: 2017 Rankings.

LSU not in the top ten on either is a fitting abomination for the abomination that is ESPN.

21. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

UGA top 15 woo

22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I wish they would can Jimbo Fisher. One thing I admire about Richt is he doesn't hesitate to punish his players and Fisher wouldn't even punish his players if they murdered someone. That Jameis Winston shit was insane.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  23. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Problem is, Jimbo has nothing to do with it. He isn't the officers who drove PJ Williams back to get his car after committing a hit and run. He isn't the administration that refused to suspend Winston for more than a game. He isn't the boosters who ensure that things like Karlos Williams recurring domestic abuse stays under wraps in local media. Jimbo is a by product of the toxic environment that his field of work has created.

24. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

this is odd considering the consensus going into this game was that it was the best team Saban has fielded at alabama

scottlechowicz and FTank like this.
  25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm just thankful they lost because they kept inching closer to the "best team ever" mark and boy am I not ready to let go of that one.

EngineDown and FTank like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.