Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NCAA Football Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 220

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I think Gettleman will heavily consider Fournette as well if he's there. But yeah, there's a really good chance he grabs whichever safety is left.

CarpetElf likes this.
  2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Aye, congrats! What kind of job? I have a soft spot for that school cause of Elfrid Payton.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  3. Night Channels

Trusted

I lucked into an offensive quality control job. Foot in the door type of thing.

CarpetElf likes this.
  4. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

What is crazy is that he came to UW as a safety and took over the other outside spot after Marcus Peters left and just never looked back. But yeah, a 6'3" with legit ball skills is something that should be taken higher than he will be. Have to wait and see what he turns in at the combine but he can flat out play.

Matt Miller (who is a clown) had the Eagles taking him in Round 3 and I would not complain one bit.

Jimmy Lake is absolutely incredible and will keep churning out DBs to the NFL in the future. Hell, Pac-12 Defensive Freshmen of the year was Taylor Rapp, who looks like a real player as well.

Night Channels and CarpetElf like this.
  5. Night Channels

Trusted

Rapp was such a good all-purpose player. Usually the dudes with the best ball skills played a lot of offense in high school.

xkj1985x and CarpetElf like this.
  6. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

So I follow this very aggressive hate filled Philly sports fan on Twitter whom I do not know in real life and it's taking everything in me to hold back on a twitter slap war tonight lol.

We just going to not mention the fact you gave up 52 while UW gave up 24 (not counting the safety with :58 left)?

We going to just act like the losses to Pitt and Temple did not happen? How about the fact that both of Washingtons defeats from USC & Bama came by a total of 30 points which is less than PSUs one loss to Michigan (39pts).

Ok, I feel better and am trying to refrain from a Twitter argument tonight.

Thanks

FTank and CarpetElf like this.
  7. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Temple was good this year, the absurd opening week loss to Army nonwithstanding

(I am not arguing Penn State should have been in the playoff)

8. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Army had a top defense at least

9. xkj1985x Jan 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 3, 2017)
    xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I understand that but it's mind blowing to me that anybody would think that Penn State deserved to be in over Washington. More than Ohio State? Then yes, I'd 100% agree with that.

But goodness, sure you scored 49 but you gave up 52 lol. The only reason that Bama game was relatively close (I'd say 17 vs Bama is close especially considering 10pts came off turnovers).

But what would Bama have done to either of those teams?

We already saw what they would do to SC (although Darnold probably would have cushioned that blow if they played again a bit but not enough to overturn a 46 point loss)

10. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Also with the season over, I am looking at the recruiting composite rankings and while Washington is shaping up to have a great incoming class, they'll just never be able to recruit like the blueblood schools so they'll forever be locked in the 15-30 ranking range.

Just at a geographical disadvantage locked up in the corner of the Pacific Northwest.

Currently ranked 19th behind schools like South Carolina and Maryland (??!?).

Gonna need to accept they'll never have similar talent/depth like the Bamas, Ohio States, USCs, etc. and just need to win on coaching.

11. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

Totally agreed, and I think Washington should have been ranked above Ohio State and maybe Clemson too. I didn't see anything from PSU or USC that showed that either one belonged in the playoff. Just people looking for narratives - you obviously can't argue Alabama or Clemson shouldn't have been in.

12. xkj1985x Jan 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 3, 2017)
    xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I argued against Clemson as did many here and I think there was a legit case because their season as a whole just was not super impressive but from the Fiesta Bowl, they clearly came out and showed that they belong, for sure and it was clear the committee never even remotely thought about not including them.

I just think that Washington could have played with any of these teams EXCEPT the one they drew in the Bama Buzzsaw.

People make the narrative that USC blew the doors off Washington this year and while it wasn't fun to watch from my seat in the stadium, fact is that game was 17-13 in the 4th quarter before Darnold hit the dagger.

But again, Washington was 7-6 a year ago and then this year they lose to the likely national champion and the Rose Bowl champ (whom many thing should finish Top 3). Not bad for year three of Chris Petersen.

I can't complain

13. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

It's just baffling to me that people are still on the OSU didn't deserve to get in train.

14. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Well they didn't even win their own conference and got blasted in their game so... I see where the argument is coming from.

scottlechowicz and Joe4th like this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Penn State literally just lost too jfc

16. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I'm not saying I agree with it necessarily.

At least Penn State was competitive tho.

OSU should have been in, but it was readily apparent that they would be suspect when it came to a game against playoff caliber teams, that O-line.

We also found out just how overrated the Big 10 was.

CarpetElf likes this.
  17. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Man...and I thought Harbaugh was a creep

18. Whatjuliansaid

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Man, I like Fleck. That's a shame.

20. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Joe4th and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Ugh, fuck Minnesota and their whole crusade to defend alleged gang rapists. I like Fleck. This sucks.

22. Whatjuliansaid

Les miles loses out on another job

23. Night Channels

Trusted

Good for Fleck. I'm sure he'll get a substantial pay raise.

He can win 8+ games right away and really work on building something there.

24. Night Channels

Trusted

How does it suck? It's a move up for a great, up-and-coming coach. He is the kind of person that can change the culture of a program like that.

It's the right move for both sides.

25. Whatjuliansaid

I'm pretty sure what happened was just the staff and players and not the actual school approving of it. I dont see why you'd dislike the school itself because the players and staff boycotted, they fired the staff. I suppose you could root against Tracy clays and the current players of the team though, that I understand.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.