Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NCAA Football Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Football • Page 219

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Fuck yeah

2. Lol did they go over to celebrate in front of the PSU band? Hahaha eff you PSU

FTank likes this.
  3. Must suck to be a fan and spend all that money to go to the game to have your team lose in the last second

4. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Quite a game

5. Night Channels

Trusted

Sam Darnold is the best non-eligible NFL QB prospect I have ever seen.

What he did tonight was special. Glad I watched the entire game.

Whatjuliansaid and gonz (Alex) like this.
  6. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

Agreed. I'll need to remind myself to watch more USC games next season.

Night Channels likes this.
  7. Night Channels

Trusted

It's like someone took the best traits from Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, and Carson Palmer and built the perfect quarterback.

Texas Flood likes this.
  8. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

So Washington loses to the likely CFP Champ in Alabama and the Rose Bowl winner in USC and nobody else?

I'll take that as a solid for 2016.

Go Dawgs!

CarpetElf likes this.
  9. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

The last TD he threw for showed how very special he can be in the future.

Kid deserves a Gritcoin.

Night Channels likes this.
  10. Night Channels

Trusted

I wasn't around earlier when the Lane Kiffin news came out, so I'll blow some hot air now.

I think this move really hurts Jalen Hurts short term. Sarkisian is a great offensive mind, but as an analyst he's never really interacted with Hurts and the two have never worked together. If things don't start off well against Clemson, there may be no coming back from it. Hurts has never heard a different voice call plays. It's a big change with so little time to prepare.

Saban should've just told Kiffin to go before the playoffs started.

Oh well, Bama will probably still win by three scores.

CarpetElf likes this.
  11. I think I am in physical shock from that Darnold performance.

Texas Flood likes this.
  12. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Is it true that they only kept Browne as the starter for a few games so he wouldn't transfer to an opposing school? I wonder if they could've made a bigger run with darnold as the starter all season, I feel like yes.

13. Night Channels

Trusted

They would be playing against Alabama again if Darnold started from the get-go.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  14. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio. It's a football and basketball area for high school sports. It's very close to many college programs of varying levels. There are people stoked to go to Mount Union and kill it at the D3 level. Pretty standard midwest (except for like STL, where they love soccer). Then there are also plenty of pro teams in the area. Whether you played football growing up or not, most people get raised around the sport. Cleveland is split mostly between OSU, Michigan, and Notre Dame fans, with OSU holding the majority. I was raised in an ND family (good amount went there), so that's who I follow the closest. I went to school where football wasn't a factor so I don't have any issues with choosing one or the other in football. Basketball is a different story.

15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Hurts looked like dog shit against Washington so I'm sure that's nothing that Sark can't maintain.

FTank likes this.
  16. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Of course they could have. Darnold is a legit star. Browne is starting for Pitt next year lol

17. Night Channels

Trusted

Both of Washington's corners are first round talents. Those kids made money against Alabama. Budda Baker can really play too.

A lot of these SEC fans down here really underestimated how good the Husky defense is and want to put the blame on Hurts and Kiffin. I really just think Washington threw everything at them and played a near perfect defensive game.

18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I'm an LSU fan (a drunk one at that) and I tell people I'm a fan because my mother is from there or that's what was on when I was a kid and at a friend's (actual reason why I root for Arizona sports) but really, I was five years old and my favorite colors were yellow and purple. Nebraska though was my dad.

19. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Kevin King probably falls into the 2nd/3rd but he shouldn't. But yeah, I'd agree....outside of the one long TD run, they played a fantastic game.

Wish Budda could have brought that INT in early on or Wooching could have fallen on that fumble. Not sure it would have mattered but field position was awful all day for Washington.

CarpetElf likes this.
  20. Yeah his fifth TD throw was masterful

21. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Completely agree. They played much better than expected and I was high on them to begin with. Where is down here? I'm curious haha.

22. Night Channels

Trusted

He's got a little Sean Smith to his game. He's a first rounder in most drafts, but this one is loaded. Can't coach the height/length he brings to the position, so if he runs well...you never know.

23. Night Channels

Trusted

I'm in South Carolina right now (and I graduated from Clemson) so everyone was a critic of that Washington/Alabama game.

But I'm moving to Louisiana this Thursday to work at UL Lafayette.

24. If the Panthers don't take Adams or Hooker in the first I want Baker in the second. I'll be so mad if we have the chance to get one of those guys and pass on it.

25. Night Channels

Trusted

I think Carolina will get the safety that the Jets don't draft. I want Malik Hooker but Jamal Adams is an incredible prospect in his own right.

CarpetElf and Whatjuliansaid like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.