Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2022-2023 NCAA Basketball Thread Basketball • Page 99

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

All I ask is unc not win

Chris Prindle and slimfenix182 like this.
  2. chcougar1

Trusted

As a Wazzu alumnus, this would also make me happy to hear all the husky fans whining about it ;) haha

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So honest question: Calipari's 8th year. Four final fours is obviously nothing to sniff at, but one championship in 8 years with the talent he gets in every year (I don't follow them closely but I do know injuries were a factor in 2014 against UConn) is there a point at which he is considered underachieving? I mean one-and-done format I acknowledge a lot can happen obviously.

4. I'm more troubled by how much better his players are then what he gets out of them. The stuff about not letting Booker run a pick and roll and telling Towns he couldn't shoot threes make me think he's just a bad coach.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Nah. I mean come on. If Bill self, calipari, jay Wright all suck then I mean...whos great? The team is a consistent power house and always a legit threst. 4 final fours you said it yourself

TellYourFriends likes this.
  6. Who said Bill Self and Jay Wright suck?

(Beside all Kansas fans.)

domotime2 likes this.
  7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'm saying no team, no program is perfect. The lack of final fours for Kansas, even though they're always a 1 seed could be seen as laughable. The amount of times Villanova doesn't get past the 1st weekend is sad.

If you wanna get on calipari because he has ONLY been to 4 final fours...then we can get on a lot of other great programs too.

I think given his talent he's done quite well

8. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Calipari is a great salesman and is also really good at managing big personalities. He is not a good X's and O's coach relative to the other top coaches in the country. That's a part of why they come up short. That said, there's a lot talent in college that's not separated by much leaving little margin for error.

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Hope Oregon wins the whole thing, screw UNC

Went 3/4 for my final four. Definitely didn't pick South Carolina haha

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

If the zags win 1 more game I win $200. Please.

incognitojones likes this.
  11. TellYourFriends

Lexington, KY Prestigious

The same ref has screwed us vs UNC last night and vs Wisconsin in '15. [/kidding, sort of]

After the first half we had no business being in the game - but man, taking the lead and then losing it that way was brutal.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I'm looking forward to seeing Lonzo Ball in the NBA. Everything with his dad, to how he answers questions in interviews spews a pompous, egotistical attitude that I just can't stand, and I'm anticipating a struggle in his first year. Every time he goes up against Curry, Lebron, Harden, or Westbrook, they are going to prove to him that he's got no chance to be the best if he's talking smack against players that he hasn't even competed against yet...

FTank likes this.
  13. Zip It Chris

He's a great recruiter, but I think an average 'in game' coach. I don't picture him drawing up a winning out of bounds play based on his knowledge of an opponent, or an evolving strategy within a game. I think he can make 2nd half adjustments, he can motivate his players, and do so with the top talent, which just about any coach could be successful with. I'd love to see what he could do with an average team. Does he add wins to a Boise State? Does he add losses to a Duke or UNC?

14. Has Lonzo himself said anything like that?

15. Harry Giles declared for the draft.

I hope he has better luck in the NBA than he did in college.

16. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Those medical checks are gonna be pretty brutal

17. Zip It Chris

Just the stuff on ESPN saying he expects at the end of his career to be considered the best ever, his dad saying he'll be better than Steph, Lebron, and all the other great players currently in the league. I just personally hate the talk...prove yourself out there, respect your competition, if they come after you, defend yourself...take the Popavich approach and just keep quiet.

18. Good luck to him I guess.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  19. Zip It Chris

https://theringer.com/gonzaga-and-oregon-are-in-the-final-four-because-of-their-balance-bf52d455219c

Bill Self is now 2–7 in Elite Eight games in his career.

Bill Self has been to fewer Final Fours than Ben Howland.

Bill Self has been to as many Final Fours as Bill Guthridge, Dale Brown, Terry Holland, Lou Henson, and Hugh Durham.

Bill Self has been to only one more Final Four than Tom Crean, Mike Davis, Kelvin Sampson, Paul Hewitt, Bruce Weber, Rick Barnes, and John Thompson III.

Tyler Olander and Niels Giffey won more national titles in their four-year playing careers at UConn than Bill Self has won in his 24-year coaching career.

That is all.

20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I can't wait for Saturday. It's hard to do anything else but just think about how awesome its gonna be.

22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Man dropping like flies at UConn. Welp the program had a good run.

23. Night Channels

Trusted

Down goes UCONN...finally.

FTank likes this.
  24. undonesweater

Regular

Sports are so good

25. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

That was so tense haha