Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2022-2023 NCAA Basketball Thread Basketball • Page 115

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Is playing in these giant football stadiums the main reason we see a lot of poor shooting performances in the final four? I imagine the depth perception is wildly different but at the same time I don't know if that would necessarily affect guys who play the game everyday of their lives.

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Not to mention the floor is played on a raised platform. They get scheduled practices that are open to the public. At least in Indianapolis the practices get really good turnout. The players should be used to it, but it definitely is a different setting.

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

well a totally fun tournament in the books...it's depressing that the referees tried every fucking way imaginable to ruin it. I almost turned the tv off after that flagrant call. I'm not interested in watching a sport where the referees use absolutely no judgment whatsoever when making major calls.

with that said

REALLY good tournament. A ton of great games, moments, and had a nice mixture of juggernauts and a few sleepers.

4. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Not sure I agree that it was that great of a tournament. The seeding was terrible, officiating was poor, and not that many memorable games. All chalk in the first round, and after that it was just kinda boring. To me, only memorable excitement was South Carolina making the final four.

Owlex and Jason Tate like this.
  5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah I agree. The first round was so unmemorable and the officiating was terrible. Weakest tournament in a long time. And I hated the ending lol.

6. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

The first time in...15 tries or so going back to the AP days. I finally made it!

paperlung and Jason Tate like this.
  7. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

I'm glad I didn't win just because that likely would've meant willingly picking unc or rooting for that. Ew

8. Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  9. Michael Schmidt

10. Michael Schmidt

11. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Wichita St officially in AAC. Hopefully the AAC gets more credibility now. Wichita, Memphia, Temple, UCONN, SMU, CINCY, Houston. these are good programs.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  12. Michael Schmidt

13. what

Regular

If mizzou lands Knox and/or tilmon to this recruiting class, I imagine anything less than elite 8 next year would be a massive failure.

Can't wait for them to not even make the tourney

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  14. Whatjuliansaid

Dorsey declares and signed with an agent, hate to lose him but they're already bringing in a solid guard and wing duo and now have space for someone else with that scholarship... hope a good team drafts him, I think he'll go late teens

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Damn, I loved watching Dorsey play. I'm a huge fan of his, but I think scouts were watching him really closely in that game against UNC. He really struggled to get going against NBA length. Word is that he'll have some pretty solid contract offers from a few Greek teams if he doesn't make the NBA.

16. Whatjuliansaid

I'll be really shocked if he doesn't get drafted.

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think he'll probably go mid to late second round, but I would not be surprised at all if he doesn't get picked.

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

19. Whatjuliansaid

Can't believe Collins left, that's gonna take a toll on next year

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Miles Bridges officially staying. That's huge for MSU

21. Whatjuliansaid

V. Happy for them

22. Justin Jackson leaving. Hopefully Berry stays.

23. Whatjuliansaid

Didn't expect four non seniors to leave the ducks, gonna basically be a whole new team with a bunch of solid soph recruits who haven't gotten a chance to play yet and really talented freshman.

24. Grayson Allen stays for senior year.