Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 NBA Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Basketball • Page 262

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jun 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The Spurs are so fundamental.

2. Even Bill Simmons made this argument on like the last two podcasts. He thinks it's gonna happen if the Celts get 1 or 2 in this draft.

Lonzo and Gordon Hayward next year? If that happens I'd bet IT is gone.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Ummmmmm, Cavs???

4. Spurs could knock out GS this year if they play like this. But I said that last year too.

5. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Pop is incredible

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I've been looking for them. They haven't shown up yet. Fashionably late as usual.

GrantCloud likes this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

They have a great shot this year. Especially if Gasol, Aldridge, and Lee play well...GSW is too small in the front court.

8. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Pretty sure if I remember correctly it was so Danny could go get Winslow. Is that right?

9. MidDave

If the Celtics take Lonzo, i'm in the market for a new team. I can not stand that dude's Dad.

10. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Yeah, that was one trade rumor. The other was Charlotte, NY, and someone else. Phil really wanted Frank lol. That would have been awesome if they traded out of 4th. Imagine adding that to the list of Phil screw-ups in NY.

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

and how about his "Big Baller Brand"?.....mother of god.

12. MidDave

Kill me now. It's all just so awful.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  13. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Most laughable Lavar Ball moment was when he went on a podcast and was asked about Lonzo's shoe deal next year. With what I assume is a straight face, said that they are working on Big Baller shoes now, but if Nike or one of the big brands wanted to partner they would listen. The deal would be $1B, but it could be paid out over 10 years. Also, the shoes would still have the triple B logo, not the shoe company's. As he put it, he knows what they are worth.

14. MidDave

I want Lonzo to be the biggest bust ever. Like, i want him to score on his own basket in his first show and then retie.

15. Whatjuliansaid

He played for the jets and no one liked him, wonder why

16. Whatjuliansaid

That's not cool, he can't help his dad being a POS

Wharf Rat and GrantCloud like this.
  17. MidDave

Kidding me? If my dad was turning my family into a national joke i'd sit his ass down real quick.

18. Whatjuliansaid

That's a cool idea as a tough guy on the internet but seriously... as a 18/19yr old kid who's possibly been forced into this life, basically bullied by his dad. It's obvious this is all for hype and branding deals and media keeps on giving though, if people stopped covering him he would shut up.

GrantCloud likes this.
  19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The city of Cleveland and the entire Cavs organization will never speak of March 2017 ever again.

Zilla and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The media gives his dad a platform, not really Lonzo's fault in this. Hopefully once he's drafted he quiets down and goes away.

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I'm not one wish upon the kid to have an unsuccessful NBA career because his dad is an outspoken egotistical asshat.

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

It basically makes no sense to keep him, not sure who they can get of any value you for him tho

23. MidDave

Okay, okay, you guys are right. I apologize for being an ass.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  24. Whatjuliansaid

What happens if they trade IT and whoever they draft is a bust? That would be a little funny

25. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The idea that neither the Celtics nor any trade partner should want an All-Star and the #3 scorer in the sport is fucking hilarious.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.