Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread [Archived] Football • Page 96

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by spencpants, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. chcougar1

Trusted

I would not trust Reed. He has burned me too many other times. Otherwise lookS good. If it is ppr I might play Crabtree over tyreek

2. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Adams and Inman. Lewis is way more appealing in PPR than standard IMO

3. ClarettsGreyGoose

Third year in a row in the championship, hoping I finally breakthrough but not feeling great about it.

Facing Brady, Rivers, Zeke, Stewart, Nelson, Crabtree, Olsen, Boswell and Chiefs D.

Starting Brees, Stafford, David Johnson, Ware, Cooks, Landry, Eifert, Hopkins and Giants D. Bench options are Gore, ARob, Gabriel, Tyreek, Dion Lewis and Steelers D

Ken likes this.
  4. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I appreciate your suggestion! What's your line of thinking? Most people seem to have the other receivers ranked higher. I'm torn now.

5. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

3rd year in a row for me too. I'm tired of coming in 2nd. Good luck this weekend.

ClarettsGreyGoose likes this.
  6. chcougar1

Trusted

Ware seems to get volume so he seems to be a lock. Hopkins and Jeffery are risky but high reward. I know that's tough to trust for a championship game though. Jeffery had a goose egg until the 4th quarter last week but ended up scoring 20 points in PPR. Hopkins had 17 targets last week. I know he has sucked fantasy wise all year because of osweiler but seemed to already have chemistry with Savage. I would look at their matchups too though. How have their opponents been all year against WRs?

I see that you are non PPR. Makes it a little tougher but I still think those two WRs have a slight edge yardage wise. Baldwin can have 0 or 20 points. Thomas is good but Hopkins and Jeffery have higher ceilings.

Ken likes this.
  7. chcougar1

Trusted

That's a great championship matchup. I think you have a great chance but it will be close.

8. ellie117

south jersey. Supporter

Fair. My opponent has Brady who is going to light up the Jets D, so there's appeal there to start Mitchell to at least make up some points for at least one Brady TD. Ugh. I don't know.

I think I'm leaning more towards Inman, too. I haven't made it to the championship in 3 years. I forgot how nervewracking it is.

9. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Okay, you've convinced me. I do agree they both have higher upsides... I'm torn between the risk/reward of these players. Ware is a definite for me at this point, so I'm going to gamble with Hopkins and Jeffery.

10. chcougar1

Trusted

Haha oh man. I hope it pays off. If not, I'm sorry!!!

Edit, I see that both Hopkins and Jeffery don't have great matchups. Maybe that's why they are ranked so low this week. Tough call. Full disclosure, I've never won a championship in five years of playing but I am winning one this year and am getting second place in two leagues where I should have won the championship (have Bell and Johnson in both leagues...Brady and cousins screwed me)

Ken likes this.
  11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

There'll be no hard feelings either way. I wanna roll the dice, so this is perfect. I've been to 3 straight championships and lost. Last year I lost due do that damn AZ Cardinals D/ST.

12. ClarettsGreyGoose

I hate that its Brady vs the Jets and Rivers vs Cleveland while Brees and Stafford have Tampa and Dallas. Those cake matchups for her QBs are what's making me feeling like it will be very, very close.

Definitely a great matchup though. #1 vs #2, I went 12-1, she went 11-2, my only loss was to her in week 4. My team had its lowest total of the year (108) but hers also dropped a huge 146.2 that week on the back of Crabtree's 3 TD game.

13. chcougar1

Trusted

Sounds like a fitting championship. Good luck!

14. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Pick 2 .5ppr for my chip:

Baldwin (ARI)
    Inaman (CLE)
    Landry (BUF)
    Mitchell (NYJ)

That's my ranking as of now...

15. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Pick 1

Britt vs SF
    Meredith vs Was
    Mitchell vs NYJ

Got Britt slotted in right now because I feel like he has the highest floor. Mitchell probably has the highest ceiling. Ugh, feels like a coin flip.

16. chcougar1

Trusted

Like Mitchell with his matchup

17. chcougar1

Trusted

Ugh. Again Baldwin is either 0 or 20. Inman and Landry seem like safer bets with Mitchell with high potential too

18. chcougar1

Trusted

Thanks for nothing ertz.

19. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Seriously. What a wet fart.

20. OBJ giving me a nice start

21. So with Reed likely being out these are my options on the waivers:

Clay, Cook, Pitta, Fiedorowicz

I'm leaning towards cook but I don't know

22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Clay will kill the Dolphins LBs

23. ellie117

south jersey. Supporter

Went to the Eagles game last night, watched OBJ dance his way to 150 yards for my opponent. Ugh.

24. ClarettsGreyGoose

We thought that last time and I'm not sure Taylor even targeted him that game. I also thought the Bills run O would tear up the Dolphins D and that was not the case

25. chcougar1

Trusted

Ugh. Getting weird about starting Dez this week since they locked in the one seed.

Hopkins
    M Thomas
    Dez

Standard scoring pick 2

I need a huge game from somebody.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.