Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread [Archived] Football • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by spencpants, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Running a dynasty league reminds me of like dealing with the school bully who always says he's gonna knock out out if you mess with him.
    Everyone's super into it for a year, hold all the top prospects who they think will be good someday, tank and dont trade for older guys... A year later they disappear lol #ADDGeneration friggin blows for the few people who actually care. Same happens with my basketball league, I have to find one or two new people every year.

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So who do I keep in my main keeper this year....

At RB:
    Ryan Matthews for $8
    Latavius Murray for $7

At TE:
    Zach Ertz for $9
    Martellus Bennett for $3
    Ladarius Green for $6

Also, in the same league, someone's trying to get Antonio Brown off of me. He's only gonna cost me $44 in a PPR, so pretty damn valuable. But the first players he mentioned as being part of the deal were Jordan Reed ($6) and Matt Jones ($2), which was intriguing. Both can be kept for two more seasons too, while Brown can only be kept for this upcoming season.

Would anyone trade a very affordable Brown at all in a PPR? I can't bring myself to even really consider it, but just wanted to throw it out there. I love that I can pair him and Brandon Marshall as my top two WRs in a PPR for $55 total.

3. chcougar1

Trusted

Hmmm my friends and I are all going into our fourth year as a group of ten. Not that long I guess but we are all still Into it. That being said three of the teams are stacked and a few don't even have full rosters.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  4. chcougar1

Trusted

Murray and Ertz. And no. You don't trade AB away in PPR. Reed is injury prone and jones plays for an average team.

5. chcougar1

Trusted

My dynasty roster is stacked but they keep getting injured, suspended, or are holding out grrrrr

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Different keeper league...

Ingram is the keeper pick over Forte, right? PPR, no penalty for keeping, etc.

Also, who do I keep between:
    Eric Decker
    Brandin Cooks
    Randall Cobb
    TY Hilton

7. reignofmcatt

Definitely Ingram over Forte.

Out of your list of those four I'd keep Hilton or Cooks.

8. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Ingram and Cooks

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

First draft of the season is today woooo

10. NotBruce

Regular

I'm in my first fantasy league this season, and we draft in a few weeks. I enjoy watching football, but I've never followed it really close so I don't know much at all about players at this point. Anyone have any tips for a semi-ignorant rookie?

11. I still have no league, hopefully a miracle happens and something opens up.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah this is the first year in a while that I don't have a league.

13. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

- wait on QB, but not too long. You don't need to be taking Cam Newton or Aaron Rodgers in round 3 to win your league. I won a 12 team league with Eli Manning last year
    - wait on D and kicker until the last 2 rounds
    - just know that the draft is not the end of the roster building. you have to be monitoring the waiver wires and keeping up to date with injuries and stuff. being able to snag a backup RB before anyone else does could be the difference between winning a title and missing the playoffs

NotBruce and Whatjuliansaid like this.
  14. Whatjuliansaid

Anyone want this team? It's pretty stacked, the owner won the championship last year. He keeps being a jerk and unselecting keepers and it's really annoying, you have to keep a certain amount... There is no choice lol he's a dolt

My Team - 2016 Free Fantasy Football - NFL.com

15. I'll take it. How many keepers ?

16. Whatjuliansaid

You said you were looking for a one year, this is a keeper.

17. At this point I need a league. I'll take it, and yea I know it's a keeper but how many keepers do you get ?

18. NotBruce

Regular

Noted. Thanks!

19. Whatjuliansaid

20. Whatjuliansaid

Yea, of course. You just have to choose 15 from your roster lol this dude either doesn't speak English or is just being a dick to mess up the draft

21. broken.22 Aug 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 8, 2016)
    Well count me in ! Set me up and I'll choose my keepers. I just need the info.

22. chcougar1

Trusted

Make sure you know your league rules. If receivers and running backs get a point per reception that changes the rankings pretty drastically. If your league gives points for return yards that can also boost guys up a bit when they are a double threat.

NotBruce likes this.
  23. Whatjuliansaid

That's just the team, I have to invite you for you to edit the rest of your keepers and what not. Need your email.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.